LimpMode? Timing?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hmtcrxsir

well im not sure if my car is in limpmode or having a bad ringland. No Blue smoke! It would feel super sluggish. Didnt get around doing a compression test yet. But i will tonight. But I was wondering what is limpmode? And could it be that my car is in limpmode? its a stock 95 Civic EX (D16z6) with the stock ECU. No Mods or whatsoever. well definitely not any CEL for sure. What happened is that i replaced my D16z6 short block bcuz i spun a bearing. I used the same D16z6 VTEC head. And when everything finally was installed. I started the engine but there was code 41 and 14 CEL. So i checked all the wirings again. Turns out that the O2 sensor wasnt hook up properly and the EACV wire was hook up to some other sensor. So i switch that and no more CEL. Engine would idle good until i give it a little gas. The engine's rpm would drop to like 200 rpm suddenly. And slowly regain it power. But the engine would be able to rev 5000 rpm with no problem at idle. After that I took the car out for a test drive. Started out driving it very carefully. Everything seems to be ok. No CEL or anything. So i gave the car a bit more gas. The engine would have no power at all to accelerate. And the response of the engine is sluggish. It feels like the car can not go faster than 20 mph even when flooring it. what if the timing belt were a bit loose? Would that affect it too? So could this be that the car is in Limp Mode?

And how does LimpMode feels like?

its not limpmode. limpmode gives you a solid CEL and you are rev limited to like 5 grand or so. sounds like a vaccum leak

Sounds like your timing is all fuxored.

Back