line output convertors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
i dont post much here but im getting ready to put a subwoofer in my 04 Mazda 3 sedan and i have a question. im gonna use a line output convertor that i bought up to an amp (not sure what one yet). im keeping the stock headunit thats why im using one. anyone here installed one of these convertors before and is there anything i need to watch out for? also, do i need to hook the wires up to the back of the stock headunit or can i tap into the wires on the rear door speakers? thanks.

oh, i already got the subwoofer. picked up an MB Quart 10" dual voice coil subwoofer. the model number is DWH 254 that i picked up for $40 on sale at a local car audio shop. i didnt need anything hardcore, just want to add an extra kick to my music.

does this car have the bose system? if it does wire it up to the factory sub wires because the bose system turn down the bass as you turn the volume up on the door speakers. the factory sub is always constant when you turn the volume up and i believ the factory radio has a sub control on it if i am not mistaken and it will still be functional with your new amp and sub.

Most aftermarket amps come with plugs that you can splice into the factory speakers. As for your question I have used them and the only problem I had was a humming noise when there was no music or if it was turned down real low. If that happens they make noise cancellers to get rid of that.

Back