linkage problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

3.0togo

Help, I'm trying to finish my swap of a b16b into a 95 del sol and my linkages are too short. The company sent me the linkages from a 99CTR to match the engine and s4 tranny, but they are an inch and a half too short. What linkage do i need???? Will an teg link work?? Or do i need the specific del sol vtech link. If so i'm sol for now 'cause There aren't to many of those in Canada.

The del Sol VTEC shift linkage is unique to the del Sol VTEC. You have to use that linkage with any B-series swap. Tell the people who sent you the CTR linkage they are morons. You can try www.manchesterhonda.com they seem to have the best prices of any Honda dealership. Otherwise, search the boards. I believe someone on www.TampaRacing.com is selling one, but be careful not to get screwed.

Originally posted by 3.0togo@Jun 26 2003, 10:37 PM
No other linkage will work at all?

nope.

del sol vtec is the only one.

unless you feel like hacking and welding, and having a shitty feel and position

You know, what's really funny about that is that I was pretty sure of the answer myself, but the engine supplier keeps saying different. Thanks for the confermation. By the way, if anyone does a b16b CTR swap into a del sol, the del sol vtech rad hoses do not work. The bottom one is too narrow, and the top one is 4" too short.

Back