linux any one? if so which version

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My old PC ran Debian, I highly recommend staying away from it. Suse seems to run well, as does Ubuntu. My vote is with Suse.

HondaSwap runs on red hat enterprise 3.

ls -l y0!

Wow, that is an old version of RHEL.

As for Debian, stable is way behind in new software adoption, but they do that because they want it to be, well, stable. Debian Testing is much more up-to-date, but you have the problem of being a little more unstable. In general, the only time that I use Debian is when I am putting together a server, otherwise if I want debian tools I use Ubuntu.

Linux use isn't about how l33t you have to be to run the distro, if Linspire finally put together a good frontend for rpm's, that is great. It is just that Yast and Yum are both pathetic when compared to apt-get, apdept, and emerge IMO.

yup, pretty old kernel, but stable, and the widest supported.
the newer kernals are flickery on 64 bit boxes.... most server providers don't even offer them.

It was either RHE3 or BSD.... and BSD has shown some secuirty flaws with vBulletin, so I opted for the RHE3

it cool to see my thread was revived after 6mo well i went with a suse and the GF was able to use it with out any big problems my only beef i have is i havent been able to figure out how to do dual monitors ather than that i like it

I just had Kubuntu installed today. Its strange though, now that i have it on my computer i no longer feel the urge to mess with it or use it. who knows? probably will sometime.

Back