1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

liscence

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by ventolin5, Jan 24, 2004.

1. ventolin5

ventolin5 Senior Member

If your on private property can the dmv take your liscence for not having insurance?

2. Icy_winds_

Icy_winds_ Senior Member

Are you driving your car? Take your liscense? Hello man! :eek: If they wanted to take you driving L. They would just type it in there data bases and mark it as suspended.

3. Dustin_m

Dustin_m Active Member

you make no sense man. he is trying to say if it is legal to suspend a liscence for driveng w/o insurance on private property.

I am sure it varies by the state, but i am almost positive that they can't as long as you have permission to be on that property. Basically if they can prove that you had to drive on public roads to get to the private property, i am sure they could do something. But if the car and the property is yours, and the car was already on the property, then i dont think they can do anything.

My friends and i used to take this old ass celica he had out into his property in back and drive around. we made a dirt oval track and we would slide that shit around the corners hella fast. The Pigs never fucked with us.

4. SolLess16

SolLess16 Senior Member

if its your property i dont think they can , its just like an offroad vehicle , you dont have to insure those

5. Iron 1

Iron 1 Senior Member

not on private property... I use to drive a truck around the yard at 13. of course this was in Montana, and that's a whole different ballgame.

6. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

not in PA, me and my friends all had cars when we were 12-13 yrs old, we lived in a private community where the police weren't allowed in except for emergencies and halloween.

We used to drive around the community without being disturbed by the police. One of my friends still does it with his beat ass hyundai

7. tab

tab Super Moderator

In WA, you can be given tickets on private land if it is for "Public Use". I was given a Negligent Driving ticket some years back for spinning my tires in a 7-11 parking lot. If it were someones yard, I'm sure the case would have been different.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted