Little addition

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
More "hybrid" action. I finally got around to puting the radaitor that was in the GSR that I parted out. No more joke for a radaitor. Overall it went in pretty good. It was kinda hard taking out the old brakets, but after about 20 cutting wheels for the dremal, the old brakets were removed.

My freind helped me by welding on little plates on the back to mount better, when we welded the plates onto the lower radiator support. Once we got it in there, we had to quickly fab up some top mounts because the location for the civic/sol raditor is not the same for a GSR. We were doing this all in the shop of my freinds Dad's machine shop where they make giant air ducts. So we had a shit load of tools at our disposal, and a shit load of scrap sheet metal, but no skill for fabriacting. So the mounts are uber ghetto. Function over form I guess. The radaitor will pretty much not move, where with the stock mounting on the sol radaiator, it moved a little.

Here are some pics.

s404e532d8b2b3.jpg

Little engine bay shot.
s404e53d413895.jpg

Wow, I actually have to zoom out to fit the whole radiator.
s404e535cc5c30.jpg

Uber ghettoness
s404e53046dde6.jpg

Little CF action. Yes it is real CF. No I did not pay 150+ for a ghey spork one.

As long as it works :thumbsup:

I have ghetto rigged my car already, and I wont even tell you guys what my secret is :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I am pretty sure that everybody that mods a car, has some ghetto ness in them.

Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous@Mar 9 2004, 07:59 PM
As long as it works :thumbsup:

Hell yea. I have been doing this more and more. If you can see in the one pic, my monster grounds. They are actually welding cable. Also my intake is an ebay pipe, good filter (K&N) and raped in heat rap. Probally blocks heat 3x better then the over priced aem intake.

nice job man. i cant wait to finish up the suspension on mine and get started on the engine work. Nothin like a bit 'O ghetto to make the world go round.

-Chris

I had the same shit on my Eg with the GSR radiator, as long as it fits, your good.

I had to construst my own bottom and upper mounts, I only ran one upper mount though.

Hehe, I have an Accord EX auto radiator. Even bigger and badder than the GSR unit and it actually fits really well.

:bo:

I wonder if his mustache is just the remnants of the cat giving him a dirty Sanchez. haha :lol:

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Mar 10 2004, 12:07 AM
:bo:

I wonder if his mustache is just the remnants of the cat giving him a dirty Sanchez. haha :lol:

wow, this thread has gone astrey

speaking of that fuckass,,,,,,,he posted again.

I am so bored with that topic, the kid feeds off of it.

yeah i know- must have a personality disorder- he's one of those weird fuggers that likes to be put down and disrespected- Prolly gets dressed up in leather and lets his mom whip him :whip:

back on topic....

good job colin.

did you swap over the brakes and master cly and booster too?

and what about the wing? :lol:

Back