1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little black doohickey on the back of the Intake

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by confusatron, Aug 28, 2005.

1. confusatron

confusatron Senior Member

There's this black thing on the back of the top of the intake manifold, it has vacuum connectors and a plug for wiring, what is it? My B16 manifold doesn't have it. Do I need it?

2. VTECin5th

VTECin5th Administrator

MAP sensor?

3. TWISTEDIMAGE

TWISTEDIMAGE Senior Member

no it is a purge valve and you should use it

4. evoracer03

evoracer03 Senior Member

youre both right!!! run vacuum lines off the ports for each ( map sensor is small nipple on tb, for the evap purge solenoid i tee into fuel pressure regulator vacuum line. you can take the time to actually drill and tap the b16 manifold because there is a blank boss for it already. im a big fan of zipties, but thats just cuz im a lazy ass!

5. confusatron

You sir, are full of useful information. Ever think about writing up a complete guide to this swap? I haven't found a good complete walk-thru for this swap in all my googling and forum searching. If you could write this thing up you would be a god to all us swap noobs, and maybe even sell the damn thing online. Consider it man.

6. evoracer03

evoracer03 Senior Member

thanks man, but i never have enough time to actually sit down long enough to do a full write up between running the shop and doing swaps on the side. we're in the works of a volume of video swap how tos. thats the only way i can get it complete to everybody. is there any interest in having a video you can watch and see exactly what to do, or are the written write ups sufficient for everybody? anyone interested please pm me.

7. confusatron

8. confusatron

I'm sure there would be TONS of interest. Every week I see more and more new people asking the same questions on these forums as myself. Videos blow writeups out of the water for obvious reasons, and you could market those things nationwide, as they would be the only products of their kind that I know of.

I bought a crappy how-to cd-rom off of Ebay and I was severely disappointed with its lack of detail. Just seeing everything being done on video would have made a world of difference to me, and saved me lots of hours of head scratching and waiting for responses to the forum posts. I think you could make a small fortune with these videos. Also, consider if you haven't already, adding a troubleshooting section on the videos because lots of people seem to get CEL codes and VTEC engagement problems after doing their swaps.

9. evoracer03

evoracer03 Senior Member

thanks for the suggestions, ill post em up when i get a couple more recorded.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted