1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little D14A

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by EK-9, Mar 1, 2008.

1. EK-9

EK-9 New Member

I have just picked up a 1400cc Honda Civic 98reg I think the chassis/model no. is EJ9 it has the D14A engine its a great little run around but needs more power. Now I have read that a mini me swap can be carried out on any D series engine?? Would you recommend this or should I swap the whole engine? Are the wiring looms much different? Any suggestions from you guys on what I should do to get more hp would be great!!

2. solobomber

solobomber New Member

if you do the mini me swap youll want more power i say go with a b series motor good power

3. H22juggsEG

H22juggsEG New Member

first thing these guys wanna know is your budget how much u willing to throw down on power. are u gonna race or it's your dd.?

4. EK-9

EK-9 New Member

Its just my dd really but I wanna put a few bits on it and I have a set of 17" wheels to go on and I just think it will put alot of strain on this small engine so wanna change it I would be interested in a mini swap maybe as its cheap:D

5. LS_VTEC

LS_VTEC you get the BRAKE

Just swap in a d16z6. Much easier/cheaper and it will haul you and your 17's without a problem.

6. EK-9

EK-9 New Member

And would it be best/easiest to just get rid of my old wiring loom and use one from a civic d16z6 as my car has only a dual point injection and there multi point

7. formby

formby learning in progress

get the harness/ecu from a same year car that came with the d16 engine.

8. sevenhillsbilly

sevenhillsbilly New Member

yeah and if you want more power just get the mpfi but you need the harness and maybe a vtec head if you want even more but then you have to get a diffrnt ecu as well

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted