1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

little dilemma

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by 99sidude, Sep 7, 2009.

1. 99sidude

99sidude Moderator Moderator VIP

So I sold off my old 93' hatchback, but kept most of the goodies, including the Eibach suspension. I installed the Eibach spring/strut combo onto my new car, a 97 hatch, and it seems that the rear end sits too high up compared to when it was on the EG. I was always under the impression that the shocks/springs from 92-00 was all interchangable.

From doing a little research, eibach has different part #'s for the springs, but states that they are the exact part. From this I'm assuming that I have the incorrect dampers. Are the dampers from 92-95 civics the same dimensionally as the 96-00???

2. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

Doing some looking around online, the springs seem to be the same but it seems the shocks are different.

1 person likes this.
  3. 99sidude

99sidude Moderator Moderator VIP

I agree that the shocks are different. Any particular source you are using? On tirerack they have different part #'s for the EK and EG springs. Thanks for the help btw:)

4. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

Looked at coilover sets from Tein and compared part numbers, first thing I thought of. Also when I had my '95 coupe they accidentally sent me a set of Tokicos for a '96 and they were all kinds of wacked out. Didn't fit at all.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted