Little Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
I am hoping that this is related to something I did wrong, but this being the second time I have taken the tranny off the engine since this weekend I am beginning to doubt it. When the tranny is on the car, the clutch lever that pulls the PP of the disc is loose, as in I can move it with little or no resistance. It feels like it is not putting any pressure on the pressure plate. At first I thought the return spring on the throwout bearing had come off. Not that. Then I thought that I had put the clutch disc in backwards. I knew that is wasn't possible, but I checked anyway. Not that. I am out of ideas. I need to get this car running so I can have it broken in in two weeks. Please, any suggestion would be appriciated.

i would have thought the throwout bearing...thats what i did when we put my clutch in.. knocked that thing out

The throwout bearing seems to be working properly and it is still in place. I got to thinking that maybe I did something really stupid and installed the thrust washers incorrectly so I just checked them. Not that either, they are in the correct places, facing the correct directions. Any other ideas?

It seems that noone has seen this before, nobody has replied on g2ic or honda-tech yet either. Does anyone here have any ideas?

Cable clutch, no system to bleed. The cable isn't the problem, I can move the lever with a single finger.

The throw out bearing looks like it is working fine.

i take it you but ina new clutch in the car.
when you put the clutch in did you align the clutch to the housing?
did you replace the housing and the bearing as well as the clutch?

The clutch was new 1000 miles ago. But yes, I replaced the throwout and pilot bearings then. I used an alignment tool both time I have put it back together this week.

I don't know what the problem was, but when we got the tranny back on tonight, everything worked. Thanks for your replies.

Back