LMA's ???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
Alright damnit, I have heard both stories, you have to replace the LMA's when you swap out ITR/CTR cams into B16A, and that the B16A ones are fine. I have both part numbers, and have called Honda, the ITR number isn't a valid part number for Honda, but neither are half the parts that swap, so which is it? Replace, or don't.

I have been running 2001 spec ITR cams for 2 years with B16A LMA's no problems at all.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Nov 25 2003, 09:54 PM
I have been running 2001 spec ITR cams for 2 years with B16A LMA's no problems at all.

In a B16A head?

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Nov 25 2003, 01:47 PM
i have also been running ctr cams in a b16 head w/ b16 LMA's w/ no problems...

:ditto:
on 2 seperate motors even :)

Yes, LMA = Lost Motion Assembly

The ITR LMAs probably aren't necessary to run CTR spec cams in the B16 head- but they're definitely recommended when you get to even higher lift cams like Skunk2 Stage2 and Toda C+...

well i would guess honda would not have the part number for ITR parts because its an acura part, all the honda dealers around here dont carry ANY acura parts what so ever, same with acura not carrying honda. dont ask me why since they are interchangeable, but when i went to honda to get tranny bolts for my b18a1 and they said they didnt even have the ability to order them because its from a teg.

Originally posted by cointelpro@Nov 26 2003, 01:40 AM
well i would guess honda would not have the part number for ITR parts because its an acura part, all the honda dealers around here dont carry ANY acura parts what so ever, same with acura not carrying honda. dont ask me why since they are interchangeable, but when i went to honda to get tranny bolts for my b18a1 and they said they didnt even have the ability to order them because its from a teg.

Well, in the rest of the world, Honda is Integra. Over here in Germany it's a Honda Integra Type R, same in Japan, and both serial numbers start the same...
14820-P30-O10
14820-P73-J01

dont ask me man, go call john elway and bitch at his ass. :\ i wish they were like the rest of the world, it would make my life alot easier.

Back