Local DSM Pushed to the Limits on Stock Block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CarAudiophile

Stock Internals. No Nitrous. Car Free Reved Causing the it to blow. It was well on its way to 500whp I guess. Kind cool.

That and it launched shit into the wall.

Put down : 455.4 WHP
416.4 TQ. off the bottle.

DSC09718.sized.jpg

DSC09723.sized.jpg

DSC09726.sized.jpg

DSC09729.sized.jpg

DSC09737.sized.jpg

DSC09742.sized.jpg

DSC09743.sized.jpg

DSC09745.sized.jpg

DSC09756.sized.jpg

DSC09767.sized.jpg

DSC09770.sized.jpg

DSC09780.sized.jpg

DSC09782.sized.jpg

those guys look like a bunch of tools that snuck into a shop with a dyno. i don't think i would trust them with my car.....let alone to boost the shit out of it.

Quoted post[/post]]
those guys look like a bunch of tools that snuck into a shop with a dyno. i don't think i would trust them with my car.....let alone to boost the shit out of it.

hahah.. You have no clue who these guys are. And most likely you could not afford them to work on your Car. They are busy with Cars making 1000hp and running tims of high 8's-low 10's in street driven cars. They guy behind the EMS on this car was the same tuning Parish's Truck. So to call them Idiots. Well. Open mouth Insert Foot.

Motor was going down there to blow. It was his own car.

DSC09718.sized.jpg

Shhhh... Don't look now, but what is he doing with a chemical catch on top of the engine ?

Also, I'm puzzled here. The quality that went into that car doesn't approach Parish's build - at least by appearance.

This is some 19 Year Old Kid who purchased a EMS from the Tuner of Parish's truck. That was it. He had nothing to do with this car other than having the same guy behind the EMS..

The Tune was not the Problem. The Free-Rev was the Problem. Data Log shows they were barely into the Un Safe Zones. And this was on 34psi.

And stock Headgasket. :)

34 psi on stock bolts / gasket is nice, because at upper boost levels you can actually see the flames shoot out from between the block and head.

:thumbsup:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

hahah.. You have no clue who these guys are. And most likely you could not afford them to work on your Car. They are busy with Cars making 1000hp and running tims of high 8's-low 10's in street driven cars. They guy behind the EMS on this car was the same tuning Parish's Truck. So to call them Idiots. Well. Open mouth Insert Foot.

Motor was going down there to blow. It was his own car.

i don't want to make this a pissing contest, but you don't know what i can afford or not afford. Also, I didn't call them idiots. i said they simply "LOOK" like a bunch of tools that snuck into a shop.

plus, FWD eclipses are gay. shoulda got AWD.

Quoted post[/post]]

YEAH YOUR RIGHT THEY SHOULD HAVE BECAUSE THERE WOULD BE NO WAY TO MAKE A AWD A FWD TO TAKE IT ON THE DYNO!!!

(tool.. it is a AWD)

Please go onto another topic and talk about other things you have no clue about.. K?.. Thanks.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

YEAH YOUR RIGHT THEY SHOULD HAVE BECAUSE THERE WOULD BE NO WAY TO MAKE A AWD A FWD TO TAKE IT ON THE DYNO!!!

(tool.. it is a AWD)

Please go onto another topic and talk about other things you have no clue about.. K?.. Thanks.

i apologize for my incorrect word usage. he should have PURCHASED the AWD model. I know it's a FWD dyno for an FWD car.

FWD eclipses are still gay....

Do want me to draw a Illustration in Crayon so its easier for you to understand.

That Car = AWD
That Car = Coverted to FWD to be Dyno'd

You = Not that good of a reader.

Anything else I can explain?

But yeah he was dumb for taking it on a FWD Dyno. He should of put it on a RWD Dyno.

Quoted post[/post]]
Do want me to draw a Illustration in Crayon so its easier for you to understand.

That Car = AWD
That Car = Coverted to FWD to be Dyno'd

You = Not that good of a reader.

Anything else I can explain?

But yeah he was dumb for taking it on a FWD Dyno. He should of put it on a RWD Dyno.

i just figured such professional DSM tuners would have an AWD dyno. maybe they did just want to blow it. maybe they didn't want to have drive train loss so they could have bigger power numbers. i dunno the whole story. but whatever it was/is looks like fun, i wish i had the time to just sit around and blow engines.

so how do you convert an AWD car to run only FWD for a dyno?

so what exactly is free-rev? is it like valve float or revving higher than it should?

I would imagine they disconnected the driveshaft?

I thought he meant the engine bounced redline without load and we all know that's hell on main bearings anyway, much less with 30-some PSI of boost.

Quoted post[/post]]
I would imagine they disconnected the driveshaft?

I thought he meant the engine bounced redline without load and we all know that's hell on main bearings anyway, much less with 30-some PSI of boost.

wouldnt that spew tranny fluid everywhere?

I don't know how they did it. I don't even know how DSM AWD is set up. When I think "driveshaft" I think u-joints. :shrug2:

Back