Local DSM Pushed to the Limits on Stock Block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I just Copied and pasted it..

What is a VCE for?

It allows you to easily convert an AWD DSM to a FWD car so you can tune it on a dyno that is only made for cars with 2WD. The advantage to it over getting the center diff welded is that you can just take it right back out whereas the weld is a permanent thing.

How do you install a VCE?

Raise car, drain tranny fluid, remove 5 bolts holding transfer case, carefully pry transfer case from tranny and lower, remove wheel and wheel well plastics, remove 10-12 inspection cover bolts on the tranny and pull the clip ring off the viscous coupler (big black thingy when you pull the cover off). It should slide off, put VCE on in its place, replace clip, cover bolts and fluid.

And Battle Pope is correct on the Rev with no Load.

The block and rods look like they were good to go...

Looks like the piston ripped apart. The wristpin pulled right out of the skirt of the piston. That motor would have probably survived the POWER if it wouldn't have been overrevved like that, IMO.

-14,382,235 cool points for being Stupid kids.

so how did it over-rev in the first place? was someone sitting in it redlining it in neutral or something?

supertuner probably disabled the rev-limiter.

4g63 in dsm's are the shittiest to work on. no room under the hood at all.

Quoted post[/post]]
supertuner probably disabled the rev-limiter.

4g63 in dsm's are the shittiest to work on. no room under the hood at all.

I dunno H22s are probably pretty close. If i throw a turbo in there, it will probably take up a LOT more room in the bay than there already is.

yup. i owned one for about 3 months and stole its motor :p

After watching the video... it wasn't free revved at all.. it actually blew from a rodbolt failure during a dyno pull.

PS. 35+ psi on a stock block is idiot shit.

Back