Local motorcycle death last night.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/06/28/alcohol-involved-in-fatal-annapolis-motorcycle-crash/

Quote is directly from the local police department facebook page.

On June 28, 2014, at approximately 12:01 a.m., the Anne Arundel County Police Traffic Safety Section responded to a motorcycle crash on Green Holly Drive near Ramblewood Drive, Annapolis.

The investigation determined that a motorcycle operated by, Forrest Andrew Williams, was traveling south on Green Holly Dr passing Ramblewood Dr. when it struck the curb surrounding the center median. The operator lost control of the vehicle, which caused the motorcycle to go down on its side and ejected the operator.

The operator, Forrest Andrew Williams, was pronounced dead at the scene by Anne Arundel County Fire Department. The cause of the collision appears to be the driver’s failure to remain right of center. Alcohol and non-compliant headgear also appear to be contributing factors in this crash. This investigation continues.

Motor Vehicle #1: 2004 Harley Davidson Motorcycle

Driver: Forrest Andrew Williams, 54, Annapolis, MD

Injuries/Condition: Fatal Injuries

I know a few HD riders that ride with fake helmets that have dot stickers on them. They dont like helmet laws and rather than wear a real helmet they wear a foam lined plastic helmet. I don't understand the thought behind it, I don't like helmets so I'll wear one but to feel better about it I'll make sure its fake for a F-U to local helmet laws.

The roads around Annapolis are all about 25-35mph roads with houses all over, no backroads no fun roads, just houses. If he was on a HD and drunk my guess is he hit the curb at a slower speed. Notice speed was NOT a factor. Just stupidity.

Maryland has a helmet law. Personally I don't care if you wear a seat belt or helmet as long as you are listed as DNR.

It just blows my mind that since it is a law people wear fake decor helmets like the old WW2 style German helmets vs just wearing a dot/snell approved one.

It's like not wearing a seatbelt but putting on a fake strap to get around the law. At that point why not just wear the seatbelt?

I don't understand HOW those things are dot approved. They won't allow a skyline here becuase it uses different glass... but you can have a helmet that does nothing for you...

the point Jeffie is making is that the helmets these guys are wearing are NOT DOT approved.

they buy bullshit skullcaps that are for show only, then buy fake DOT stickers online and put them on.

The helmet you linked is a legit helmet. I've worn one before. If fits snug and isn't super light.

Those will protect your head in a crash just not your face. Odds of death drop a lot with one of those.

The helmets people normally wear are like those but a light plastic with a foam lining. It's about the same as a giant ping pong ball from the motorcycle and the mouse. Aka Ralph the mouse.

People wear helmets like this:
Panzer-Grenadiers

They're NOT DOT approved. Some of them are even chrome, and have a nice big spike on the top...

Yes, there are DOT approved "brain buckets" but you're screwed with one.

We saw a guy on a gsxr1000 today with no shirt and one of those, BUT their full face helmet was on one of the hooks under the rear seat.

I went on a overnight motorcycle trip the other day, about 200 miles total. The weather was super nice, so I saw hundreds of bikes out. Guess how many people I saw in full gear? Zero. (besides myself).

Back