local politics?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

invisibledemon

Bored
VIP
I was wondering if any of you guys were involved in your local politics?

i know we have a lot of political discussions here, and a lot of people arent happy with how things are going, so who's doing something about it?

i've been thinking about looking into local politics, either county or state.
i hate how things are going, so ive been thinking about trying to work in and go upstream.

either that or go to law school and start filing lawsuits against the country/state for laws and practices that violate the constitution.

im so very disappointed in the selections for president this year, im 100% positive that obama wont have to actually campaign at all, and still have a comfortable win.

I vote. Well i read about whatever is up for vote or who is up for election then i vote. If more than 30 percent of the american people actually did ten minutes of research and then voted we wouldnt be in so damn deep. Washington state in the last election had something like 37 percent of eligible voters actually vote. Now giving the benefit of a doubt we will guess half of them actually did some kind of research.

But to answer your question i am not involved in local politics. I would have to quit my job to even run for city council and the like. I do however post signs to show my support for stuff and talk to as many people as i can about as many issues as i can.

It's something i considered, but i really just don't have time for now. Our local/city gov is actually pretty good (most of the people i voted for are in place right now). At the state level, it's still pretty blue but getting better each round.

The problem is not not really who's in office.... it's the people who put them there. It starts at home, talking to freinds and ponzi scheme the ideal out, and eventually you convert a few to 'see the light' and it goes on and on, and hopefully 51% or more see it and vote proper.

My local government sucks.

I'm doing everything I possibly can locally to ensure the crooks in office are not going to be in office next term. Unfortunately, political cronyism is alive and well in maryland.

unfortunately where i live, its about 99.99% white retirees or farmers. we've had the same house rep. for decades and our local pd is sued annually for incompetency. i have a feeling it's going to stay that way for many more decades to come.

in related news, i think in order to be effective, there are 3 ways about it:
1) choose the career earlier on, get a law degree and meet the right people.
2) be really wealthy and meet the right people.
3) be somewhat famous or famous and meet the right people.
4) fuck the right people.

Back