Local Rice Picture Thread?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok, my question to you all is what makes a car a ricer? I have altezza tail lights(car didn't have any light when bought). I have a body kit with carbon trunk and hood. I also have a 4" tip with removable silencer with polished finish and 2.5" piping for an exhaust. I also have Cusco Zero 2 coilovers with Energy Suspension Bushing Kit and 17's wheels with Nitto 555 tires. So does this make me a ricer? For the engine I have a b18b with vision cam gears, Msd dizzy cap with external coil, crowler stage 2 cams with Crower intake valves,Crower exhaust valves,Crower valve springs,Manley Ti retainters. I have not had time to start getting all the parts for my botton end together yet but they will be here soon. So am I a ricer because some of those cars look like mine (color of car is black as well as the rims). Oh and I do all my work myself in a military craft shop. I have not even started on the inside yet(waiting for my recaro seats to show up) but will install a volt guage and oil pressure guage in my carbon guage houseing. So by your terms does this make me a ricer?

Ok, my question to you all is what makes a car a ricer? I have altezza tail lights(car didn't have any light when bought). I have a body kit with carbon trunk and hood. I also have a 4" tip with removable silencer with polished finish and 2.5" piping for an exhaust. I also have Cusco Zero 2 coilovers with Energy Suspension Bushing Kit and 17's wheels with Nitto 555 tires. So does this make me a ricer? For the engine I have a b18b with vision cam gears, Msd dizzy cap with external coil, crowler stage 2 cams with Crower intake valves,Crower exhaust valves,Crower valve springs,Manley Ti retainters. I have not had time to start getting all the parts for my botton end together yet but they will be here soon. So am I a ricer because some of those cars look like mine (color of car is black as well as the rims). Oh and I do all my work myself in a military craft shop. I have not even started on the inside yet(waiting for my recaro seats to show up) but will install a volt guage and oil pressure guage in my carbon guage houseing. So by your terms does this make me a ricer?
why would you even car? it's your car if you like then fuck what anybody else thinks.

There are SOME body kits that look nice. and SOME 17's that look right on cars, and hell, even some of the clear lights can look alright. This thread isn't saying that because you have a body kit, you're a ricer.

Its your car. If you like it, who cares what anyone else thinks? I've had people call me a ricer simply because I drive a Honda. I simply laugh and walk away, because those are usually the people that know nothing about volumetric efficiency, how to make power with a 4 cylinder, and power/weight ratio.

There are SOME body kits that look nice. and SOME 17's that look right on cars, and hell, even some of the clear lights can look alright. This thread isn't saying that because you have a body kit, you're a ricer.

Its your car. If you like it, who cares what anyone else thinks? I've had people call me a ricer simply because I drive a Honda. I simply laugh and walk away, because those are usually the people that know nothing about volumetric efficiency, how to make power with a 4 cylinder, and power/weight ratio.
very well put..i dont really like clear altezza's or bodykits...my preferance is mugen kits or lipkits...and for taillights i like either stock or jdm 50/50...
my opinion on a ricer is having a car that has 4 ft spoiler or other non functioning parts on a slow car,that has driver that thinks his car is the shit...your a ricer if you talk shit on someones car that you know nothing about...but really thats just my .02

In eg, the very first posted pic, in my mind, is a ricer. The kid goes by the name of Tom. He talks hard shit. Real hard. So hard that he can almost convince you of some of his accusations, such as he has a super charger under his valve cover, and how his alternator doubles as a turbo, or how his car has an SR-T head, but can't tell you what SR-T is from, or which SR-T head it has. He'll also tell you that he paid $1700 for his "professionally installed and painted polyurethane" body kid, though when stepping closer, you realize within 10 feet that it is primer black, doesn't fit right, and is cracked/chipped in several places because it is more of a $400 ebay fiber kit. This is the kid that talks shit on everyone, no matter what they drive, or what they have. His elantra is the fastest thing in the world, hands down. Or so he says. He's the kid who you hear his exhaust whine real loud, hear a couple clicks *auto trans shift from 1 - 2* and then start up again. That, in my mind, is a ricer.

OK, so it is more of an attitude than the parts on it. By the way I bought a V-Fiber kit for 300 and it will look great when finished so ebay kits are not bad if enough work is done to them. Well once I finish the paint I will post picks and let you all tell me if it is a ricer or not. herer are pics of the wifes car I have 3/4 done. It has been called a ricer alot for some reason.

DSC01453.jpg

DSC01457.jpg

If you got the power and suspension to back it up who cares what people think. Let them get pissed by being beat by a car with a kit on it.

I love your wifes car... if it had a hood, lol. but I am the local ricer.

I can't find pics of my car, but my old car was literally 4 colors. white bumpers, red body, black hood, black spots all over it and grey spots as well from "body" mods. I had a non-functioning roll bar, tons of indiglo's, loud exhaust, two spoilers and boy did that thing suck at driving. I had more blue accents under the hood then mods. I had "headers" and other riduculous things.

well it has a hood it just was not on when I took the picks. It was still in the paint booth being clear coated. Well , it has full Mazda speed bushings, koni struts, konig featherlight wheels, Russel steal braided lines, a stage 2 clutch and other goodies under there. Turbo will be added with tax return ti finish it off. I also has a carbon gauge cover, carbon shift boot, ebrake handel and shit knob and center consol cover. A short shifter and disc brake converssion to the 94+ bigger rotors.

I think it looks good. I wouldn't say it's really ricerish at all, just because of your attitude, and you've obviously put the work in. I understand about the body kit, but you have to try to understand what I meant when I said that and the kids attitude about it. You two are completely different, as are the cars, granted it's your wifes. He's out talking shit, making unrealistic claims, and being a tool, you're not. You know? I'd like to see the car when it's done:thumbsup:

I will post pics of both cars once they are finished. I am back in the paint booth to finish off the hardtop and repaint my fenders and hood, I over buffed it and mess up the clear.

l_7558582a06f82b179dac5297d5fcf20b.jpg

l_b4396427f82e368c172db6e2294da8bd.jpg

It's mine, it's fully built and boosted, brakes, suspension, drivetrain, yeah its all done. But I rice the hell out of it. To be honest with ya, who gives a shit about people with bad taste. A real Ricer isnt someone who just has bad taste.

Last edited:
Bahhaahaa. I'm off for a couple of days and I find this here partial to my suggestion. I still think that Porshe is uglier.

it haunts my dreams.
i wake up in cold sweats every few hours.

It's a dream that involves me winning it, and its sitting in my garage, i get in it and go pimpin round the streets, then i take it to the local superfresh. Pop the hood and its Ford 4 cylinder covered in oil. ZEEEEETECH YO!! and thats when I wake up.

Last edited:
This kid had Ford explorer and those same rims, kid used to be my friend, and my girlfriend cheated on me with him. Few days later, I noticed 3 of his tires were flat and 1 wheel was missing. Honestly, I don't know what happend but if you believe in karma, then there you go.

Sorry that my story has nothing to do with rice.

And you'd think that if it was a show car, they'd do something with that ps2, like either build it into the dash, or hide it, and use one of the mini-ones at least?

that k20 and nitrous are completely useless with that car...its kinda sad.

Back