Local shop holding a Car show...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you're judging a show? lol this should be good.

ssautcrome is t2h win4r!!!!!!!!1

lol j/p

Chris,

Yes, there's a regular autocross in Bristol on Sunday - in addition to the Waterford thing.

Only a handful of cars from CART are attending - I think at last count, it was six or so. I'm one of them.

I believe it's by invitation only from CART - and not an open registration thing.

Beyond that, I don't know too much. I'm still waiting to get details.

Chip

Originally posted by number9@Aug 18 2005, 04:56 PM
Chris,

Yes, there's a regular autocross in Bristol on Sunday - in addition to the Waterford thing.

Only a handful of cars from CART are attending - I think at last count, it was six or so. I'm one of them.

I believe it's by invitation only from CART - and not an open registration thing.

Beyond that, I don't know too much. I'm still waiting to get details.

Chip
[post=542058]Quoted post[/post]​

They are having FTD guys do it ? Who's gonna join when they think that they have no hope of beating you ?

oh wait.. Hey... the FTD guys are occupied elsewhere... Maybe I should go to Bristol and have the hope of ranking higher :)

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity+Aug 18 2005, 08:33 PM-->
@Aug 18 2005, 04:56 PM
Chris,

Only a handful of cars from CART are attending - I think at last count, it was six or so.  I'm one of them.

Beyond that, I don't know too much.  I'm still waiting to get details.

Chip
[post=542058]Quoted post[/post]​

They are having FTD guys do it ? Who's gonna join when they think that they have no hope of beating you ?

oh wait.. Hey... the FTD guys are occupied elsewhere... Maybe I should go to Bristol and have the hope of ranking higher :)

-> Steve
[post=542141]Quoted post[/post]​

Believe me, I'm very beatable and get beat all the time. I'm hardly in FTD land. I think at this demo they're probably not even going to be timing. Well, maybe with a stopwatch or something. I don't think it will really be much of a competition.

sweet. if everyone is there, maybe i'll do good on sunday :p

Just picked up my judging stuff... 100 cars pre-registered... Thats ALOT... ESPECIALLY in this area... Last year they had 12 cars registered, and 250 showed up...

This show should be silly... :)

And for those that enter, i'll be judging Acura/Honda, Scion, Suby, Nissan Infiniti, and all the other asian imports....

hell no to Bristol, this event on Sunday is going to be crazy.

Originally posted by Celerity@Aug 20 2005, 06:56 PM
hell no to Bristol, this event on Sunday is going to be crazy.
[post=542929]Quoted post[/post]​

Thats what i wanna hear... :) See you there.. I'll be either judging cars, or down ON THE TRACK photographing the drifting... :huh: :p

Very neat, lots of fun. I got to see some people I knew (Noah ? Where the hell were you ?). Eric / DGTA put a car into the wall - Nothing devastating, but had to get pushed off the track. The bike guys were pretty lame - My friend Vinny got taken out of the lineup for doing tricks during a warm up in a spectator area (And he did a few tricks during a burn-out). The bike guys didn't follow directions or anything.

Drifting that WIDE turn must have been tough as hell. The burnouts were actually pretty neat - The american muscle guys showed everyone what was up.

The Dualie that did a burnout, got disqualified for travelling out of the box. Like, 1 foot out of the box. :thumbsdown:

CART was there, but they held the damned Bikini contest at the same time as their second run. Lame, again. I was alone in the stands yelling like a retard (Reprezent!)

I don't believe some of the cars that showed up for a .. Car SHOW. That means SHOW quality, I think these people needed to be reminded.

After that I met up with 6 girls and hung out for a while letting my heels cool from 2 hours of traffic (All of 95 was stopped, it was stupid.) then came home to the Valley (Oh.. the fucking valley) where these two girls that I had a fling with showed up with their new boyfriends and caused 20% shit with me in the lot. Still, nice cars all around.

Then off to the D&D to hang with the bike crowds AGAIN, Then home.

It was truly neat bringing some friends to the other side of the state, and constantly being pulled to meet and greet with people I knew, and there were a lot. Didn't get to see the CART guys at all in the paddocks though.

No eye-candy. Connecticut girls are teh l4me.

-> Steve

Was your friend the guy with the blue bike w/ orange wheels??? He came up to all the show reps starting shit, wouldn't talk calmly, was acting like a MORON... The guys said that they didnt know who he was, but come show what you can do, and they'll feature him next year... We were all REALLY cool about it... But he had to be a dick....

Then he started riding his bike THROUGH THE GRANDSTANDS! Like almost knocking kids over! Finally the cops told him to leave, and i heard he STILL came back! :thumbsdown:

If that wasn't your buddy... my bad.

I was there, but HELLA busy... Got there at 7:30am, didn't sit down until i left at 6pm... My buddy mike took 2nd honda in turbo EX that you saw when you first came in... I was judging all asian imports... OMG WAS IT DIFFICULT... because you have to balance the shitbox with the mods... ya know? Like the guy with the stock GSR w/ comptech i/h/e, scored good, because his car was SPOTLESS....

EDIT: Wanna know how HONEST of a judge I am? I gave that Orange SHITBOX civic w/ fiberglass EVERYTHING 1st honda... because even though it was a SHITBOX, it had ALOT done... and even though alot was SHITTILY DONE, the amount done outweighed the fact that it had more weight in bondo than in gasoline... I also didn't like the fact that it was an '00 with a '93 motor... <_<

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Aug 21 2005, 10:39 PM-->
@Aug 21 2005, 08:54 PM
Eric / DGTA put a car into the wall -

its erick, and it was rich who drives the DG car... erick flew up from miami. :)
[post=543312]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually its Erik.... :lol:

soarer.jpg

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Aug 21 2005, 08:02 PM
Was your friend the guy with the blue bike w/ orange wheels??? He came up to all the show reps starting shit, wouldn't talk calmly, was acting like a MORON... The guys said that they didnt know who he was, but come show what you can do, and they'll feature him next year... We were all REALLY cool about it... But he had to be a dick....

Then he started riding his bike THROUGH THE GRANDSTANDS! Like almost knocking kids over! Finally the cops told him to leave, and i heard he STILL came back! :thumbsdown:

If that wasn't your buddy... my bad.

I was there, but HELLA busy... Got there at 7:30am, didn't sit down until i left at 6pm... My buddy mike took 2nd honda in turbo EX that you saw when you first came in... I was judging all asian imports... OMG WAS IT DIFFICULT... because you have to balance the shitbox with the mods... ya know? Like the guy with the stock GSR w/ comptech i/h/e, scored good, because his car was SPOTLESS....

EDIT: Wanna know how HONEST of a judge I am? I gave that Orange SHITBOX civic w/ fiberglass EVERYTHING 1st honda... because even though it was a SHITBOX, it had ALOT done... and even though alot was SHITTILY DONE, the amount done outweighed the fact that it had more weight in bondo than in gasoline... I also didn't like the fact that it was an '00 with a '93 motor... <_<
[post=543257]Quoted post[/post]​

[sheepishly] Yeah, that's him. I didn't know he was being that much a dick. Trick bikers and dickdom go hand in hand, bravado and complete inconsideration of others. :( [/sheepishly]

Erik : I knew him by name. Since I got there late, I didn't get to see him put the car in the wall. So what, he was borrowing a DGTA car ?

-> Steve

Rich was the one who put it into the wall...

I chatted with him last night...it seems that the track people put some TUK or something on the track to make the wheels grip more...it wasn't there 2 months ago when he did the test run...and none of the guys couldn't get the cars to slide very good. Rich is OK, but the car has a lot of work ahead of it. Noah showed me a pick of it last night...it wasn't pretty.

Erik had the soarer for a long time, he just couldn't get it registered until lately...When I was in Japan he was wanting me to find parts for it...but I looked everywhere..and couldn't find diddilly squwat fo it.

Back