local shop horror story

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sufikation

so about 6 months ago i had to take my civic into the shop for some head work. the shop (which will remain nameless) has some decent rep for being able to work on hondas. when i came to pick up the car i didnt even notice the new dent in the hood until i pulled into my driveway i noticed the nasty buldge right were the hood prop goes. i inspected the damage and noticed that the hood prop itself had been welded back together (poorly) and it looked like the tried to shut the hood with the prop in the way some how. so i put on my "wtf did you do" attitude and called them up, at first i got the run around but then they changed thier minds, took the blame, and hooked me up at a body shop with repairs. cool, right? about 2 months later i notice a minor oil leak from the valve cover...and a valve bolt not seated. when i go to tighten it, it snaps at the block. the bolt itself had been welded to some other bolt and put back into my motor. it made me sick, but luckly i was able to tap it out and replace it. i never told the shop of this...instead i just fester about it and refuse to let people touch my car unless i am right there hovering and learning as they go.
i know this was a long un-capitalized story, but...its a bit of a warning to all that use shops on a regular basis. be sure to check, then double check thier work...you never know what kind of bs you will run into.

true that. the mis-actions of others have cost me more in repairs to mine own vehicle than myself.

wouldnt it have been easier to replace the bolt anyway rather then welding it.

ok here is the bolt i was talking about...well the pieces anyway. i know the pics are blurry but im noobtastic with the cam. and the date is fast by a month...sorry for that.

heres what i had to deal with.
badbolt.jpg

badbolt1.jpg

i was able to tap out the broken piece.
badbolt3.jpg

Last edited:
Think about horror story

I am very afraid than I listen that’s horror local shop horror story.:eek:

Back