location of the injectors in 1990 Honda CIvic STD

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blackice90HB

I spent 15 minutes yesterday looking for my injectors so I can know where they are for when I go and repalce them, and I didn't even see one. WTF? I'm trying to avoid taking off my intake manifold cause I dont have a Si one yet to replace it.

Nother question-When I get my Si manifold to do my DPFI to MPFI conversion, if I go and get dsm 450cc injectors instead of stock Si injectors, will I run to rich? Now common thinking says that even though they are higher flow injectors, they won't be flowing at 450cc's all the time. I plan on turbocharging my hatch in the future, so I'd be getting bigger injectors anyways. Would it put too much strain on my stock fuel pump?

The injectors are not normal type of injectors. I believe they are called auxillary injectors. They are perpendicular to the engine on the throttle body instead of being parallel with the engine. There is only 2 of them hence Dual Point Fuel Injection.

I just went and took a pic of my b16 for you. the injectors are on the top side of the intake minifold. So unless you have a DX (god help you if you do) just take a look at this pic. I normally just follow the wires from the right side of the engine bay to the intake mani and wala your injectors. if you cant find them look for 4 plastic clips on the top of the injectors. Just look at the pic this shows three of them. Its those square clips near the middle of the picture. i would put some arrows for you but im lazy. shit if you still cant find them goto the haynes website
gallery_35696_344_68475.jpg

Ps. See my thumb there? see that bolt sticking up? thats in the middle of two injectors

but he has DPFI...not exactly the same thing

Originally posted by reikoshea@Sep 23 2005, 04:29 PM
but he has DPFI...not exactly the same thing
[post=559516]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, I was just abut to say that. I can live w/ 4 speeds, but 2 injectors suck.
I was looking aroung the throttle body, thinking that maybe they would be set up similar to a chevy with a F I conversion, but i could find them, or the fuel rails for that matter because i would have followed them back. i spotted what looked like the fuel pressure regulator but I couldn't find any fuel lines going in or out. its wierd, I'll try and look tomorrow and tell yall what I find.

theyre right in your face; you cant see any fuel rails or anything; just the plugs that go to them(i think theyre side-feed injectors); they face towards the front and are under the DPFI chamber. i believe one is green and one is brown; not sure, its dark right now so i cant really check.

i found a pic on the internet of a 1991 civic lx engine bay:
gallery_7527_130_5622.jpg

the pic is looking down onto the runners from the driver's side.

Back