locked key's in car again!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

also honda far back as i can remember have a no lock out safety thing so you cant lock your self out with the keys in it unless you locked the drivers door then got out the passenger side

you sortof are correct but there is a way around it. if you pull in the inside doorhandle you can lock the door while it is open thus rendering there no lock out feature useless. i owened a honda for 3 years before i learned of thes trick. the way to lock the door is hold interior handle out and lock door now the door is locked and you can lock your keys in your car

you sortof are correct but there is a way around it. if you pull in the inside doorhandle you can lock the door while it is open thus rendering there no lock out feature useless. i owened a honda for 3 years before i learned of thes trick. the way to lock the door is hold interior handle out and lock door now the door is locked and you can lock your keys in your car
i will have to try that on mine

yeah, thats how it is on my prelude.
it was a bitch cuz i had to lock it with the key from the outside..
i thought it was broken, lol.
it only took me a few weeks to figure it out.

do what I do - leave doors unlocked and set the alarm it they want your shit they will find a way to get into your car. I would rather have them open the door than break the windows.

do what I do - leave doors unlocked and set the alarm it they want your shit they will find a way to get into your car. I would rather have them open the door than break the windows.

didnt you say that on a different thread?

and i replied by saying my sister left her doors unlocked outside her work one night and some cocksucker still bashed in the window and stole her shit..

Wow... I'm suprised this is such a popular thread! Anyways, I flexed the door jam back with a flat head screwdriver and micro fiber towel to protect my paint. Again I'm very suprised at how easy it was to unlock with a hanger. Scary really, becasue I guess if someone wanted my car... they could do the same with little effort. On a better note, I did get in touch with my local Honda dealership and they made a new key in minutes! Also Knowing how easy it is to get in my car.... I ordered a Viper alarm system to replace the stock unit.

Last edited:
buy a del sol you will never have to worry about locking keys in your car all u have to do is grab the glass from the top, and i used a stick that fell off a tree to hit the unlock switch.. i didnt lock my keys in my car i was just to lazy to go grab my keys

^ Did that to our old aerostar with a coat hanger. Its very hard for me to lock my keys in. I have manual locks so the ONLY way to lock the drivers side door is with the key or from the inside with the door CLOSED. Honda was smart with that one. Not to mention the 2 chimes for leaving your lights on and/or keys in when you open the door.....

^ Did that to our old aerostar with a coat hanger. Its very hard for me to lock my keys in. I have manual locks so the ONLY way to lock the drivers side door is with the key or from the inside with the door CLOSED. Honda was smart with that one. Not to mention the 2 chimes for leaving your lights on and/or keys in when you open the door.....

ahh the classic honda sounds.. the chims, the starter

FYI... if you call the fire department, they'll unlock your car for free... well, here they will anyways

luckily my aunt is a dispatcher for a tow company... so i dont have to pay for tows or lock outs

Be that could save you a ton of money in the event you needed it. I pay for AAA in the event something happens.

Back