Logitech Harmony 880 remote review.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
Logitech Harmony 880 remote, review. - Hands on Kitchen

If anyone is in the market for a remote, I just did a write up of the Harmony 880. Pictures and all.

1065d1186268983-logitech-harmony-880-remote-review-dsc03507.jpg

1066d1186268983-logitech-harmony-880-remote-review-dsc03508.jpg

man I think you've convinced me that I need to buy this, I've been thinking about it for a while

man I think you've convinced me that I need to buy this, I've been thinking about it for a while
I'll check the code out later, I have no doubt in my mind that it supports it, but I'll check anyways.

Either way you can still have the 880 learn your other remote.

nice, I'm sold , now to convince the wifey to pay more then $100 for a remote

I love logitech's remotes, I've been thinking of upgrading to this one but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Waiting for w00t to have another killer deal like they did before.

Kinda sucks they keep downgrading the thing, a guy over a HtGuide forum said they disabled a pretty neat feature:

"You read it wrong. What has happened is that Harmony has removed the ability to use a hard key to control 2 or 3 different components. An example would be when you have selected the activity 'Watch A DVD' and your system turns on and sets itself up to watch a DVD and the DVD starts playing. 10 minutes into the movie you get hungry and want to get up and fix yourself a sandwich, but the room is dark and you can't see anything. So you press the pause button on your Harmony remote and it 1) pauses the DVD, and 2) brings up the lights by pressing 1 button. After you make your sandwich and return to watch the movie, you hit play and the remote does 1) starts the movie playing, and 2) dims the lights. What is happening is that in the Watch DVD mode the remote is programmed to play the DVD and dim the lights when you hit the play button and vice versa when you hit the stop or pause button. Other examples might be to switch the inputs on your TV and switch the input on your AV receiver or pre/pro at the same time from 1 button."

I think he said they'd be putting it back in (because it "wasn't" supported) around the end of August - but if its a day late they'll wait till the end of Sept. And who knows if it'll be put in then.

I need a remote that does both IR and RF... one that swings both ways.

Yeah, I know, good fsckin luck.

The logitech harmony 1000 used to do that. Not sure if they still support RF.

Yeah, logitech is a bunch of tards.

Back