lol, I might have to do this

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
I just won a VTEC gauge cluster on ebay. I was searching on HT and found this...

DIY amber clock

The ultiment cheap mod.

I might actually try this lol

Originally posted by 90 accord@Jul 26 2004, 02:37 AM
thats actually kinda cool..
[post=368093]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: shouldn't cost you a dime either. :)

definetly better than spending $60 doesnt look bad at all either

I would leave the stock guage cluster in there Colin...it's not worth it to take out the original one, and but in the VTEC one so that the redline on it is 8200...I now bounce at 6900 because the numbers are off...MPH is off, I know, but I don't know by how much.

Originally posted by Havok@Jul 26 2004, 10:19 AM
I would leave the stock guage cluster in there Colin...it's not worth it to take out the original one, and but in the VTEC one so that the redline on it is 8200...I now bounce at 6900 because the numbers are off...MPH is off, I know, but I don't know by how much.
[post=368137]Quoted post[/post]​

Nick, I don't know if its just me, but I have read that like 4 times, and it still doesn't make sence to me. lol

Hrmm, lol...

1.) Bought DOHC VTEC gauge cluster from B. Wong.
2.) Took out Si Cluster
3.) Put in DOHC VTEC cluster
4.) MPH and RPM's are off, instead of 7200 redline on my cluster, it's at 6900--engine is at 7200, guage is at 6900.

:cliffs:
Leave Si cluster in there if you want accurate readings.

well, if it doesn't work right, I will just swap the SI gauge back in. I do have a VAFC so I can find out if the gauge is off at all in terms of Revs. Your gauge is probally just faulty. Hell, my stock gauge isn't even that accurate. When I had my d16z6, I would shift at redline on the cluster, then I would compare that to the Max RPM on the VAFC. I thought I was shifting at 7200, found out, I was shifting at 69xx. When I approach 8000, it gets a tad more acurate, but it still off a little bit.

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@Jul 29 2004, 12:37 AM
i need one of those clusters damn it.... for an integra
[post=369614]Quoted post[/post]​

as in one that reads higher? I have a gsr cluster for sale, 70,000ish miles, and has indiglos (thats a pro to some, con for others)

i need one with the 8200 redline... an XSi one... i was going to take the 92 LS/RS/GS cluster i have and mate it with the XSi tach... so i could be 'accurate' and 'legal' hahaha...

but every time i find an 'XSi' cluster, they send me the WRONG FUCKING ONE!

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jul 29 2004, 12:30 AM
who has second gen teg? Really lol
[post=369644]Quoted post[/post]​

ls/vtec... misti... tpp... maybe me if i could find one. :ph34r:

:p

Back