lolapple

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
people are starting to wake up... sales in the shitter, stock tanked this morning :D

lolapple.png

Record 1st Quarter. Make some ungodly profit margin. Lowers Q2 outlook to 44BN....

SKEPTICISM UNLOAD!!!!!!!!!!

I hate the market volatility these days.

What really caused it was the google/Samsung patent agreement.

The competition from that alliance is going to destroy the iphone

wow looking at their 10 year chart you can really see how in the shitter they are
this just might be the end for them

charts.dll

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnd it's up again in after hours trading. Time will tell how much.

B, I'm glad you're not my broker nor mutual fund manager.

what amazes me about the stock market, is that every single company expects nothing but growth every single year.
maybe i am missing something, bc im not an investor or stock genius.
but, does no company or investor realize that eventually a company is going to plateau? its like the second a company states that the next quarter is going to be the same or possibly a little less than last, people freak the fuck out and start bailing out.

can anybody explain this to me? or is it really just that stupid?

well lets say you have $5.

Company A says, if you give them $5 dollars now, they'll give you a piece of paper tied to the value of the company...currently worth $5, if the company is doing well, that piece of paper could be worth $8.

The reason people freak out is, if that company says, 'that piece of paper is going to be worth $4' instead, why would you give them $5 for something you could get for $4 later. Instead you can take that $5 and give it to someone else who's going to make their piece of paper worth more, and then with the money you've made, get that old piece of paper for $4, and let it go up in value to $5.

Hope that makes a bit of sense.

you're looking at the price of Apple (the computer/electronics company) stocks in $USD

I grasp that part of it. But the graph that B posted is confusing. Is that sharp line at the end of B's graph what happened? It dropped to below $510? Or is that the projection?

aka It dropped $40 a share and that's "tanking"?

Last edited:
it's called a 'gap down'. It closed at the top price there before the drop at 4pm yesterday, and then opened at 930 am today WAY under.

That didn't really answer the question. The sharp drop down to under 510 is actually what happened? I feel like yes.

Back