Long time ago, I met this awesome dude..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

I used to work at Perimeter Internetworking in Milford CT. It was a secure internet provider.

It was in the same building as 99.9 WEZN, and 99.1 WPLR (If you're in Connecticut, you KNOW the stations)

I used to have cigarettes and go to lunch and hang out after work with all the personalities. But my favorite (and everyone's favorite) was this awesome cat named Tommy Edison. Tommy was MADE for radio, being addicted to it as a child - and it's really the only career he can do.

Tommy smoked with us. And when Tommy would hang out, he would talk to the group with his face buried in the wall. He's also very open and fun about being blind from birth.

I was surprised to see that he has a Youtube channel.

How My Parents Told Me I'm Blind - YouTube

The great thing about this channel is that he describes his reality without being able to see. And he's a fuckin hoot to hang out with.

I know a blind guy.... brother of one of my high school buds. It's always a riot when someone says something like "I never saw that coming" or whatever, and he chips in, slyly, 'yeah, me either' lol

I knew a kid in high school that was blind. He was actually a ridiculously good wrestler. The rules were altered a little to make it fair, but insanely talented. He could also make a clicking noise and use it like sonar. It was incredible to watch. He was also cool about it and let us set up obstacle courses for him to navigate. More often than not, he completed them.

Back