Long Time Waiting I Finally Got My Hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well my plans are B20B/Turbo, I have Custom JE pistons for turbo use 8:1 CR 84mm bore (stock bore) oversized valve reliefs and ringlands rated to 35PSI of boost, eagle rods and a GSR block girdle, I am planning on sending the block of to Darton to have it sleeved, but gotta save for that, I have a T3 from a Saab that I am going to change the turbines on and make a Hybrid t3/t4 setup and run about 12-15PSI of boost, as far as the head goes i am going to leave it alone except for better valve springs, new seals and valve seats lapped just to help it seal better, maybe some turbo cams later but for now just stock. I am going to use an LS tranny with GSR 5th gear and type R final drive, as well as an LSD unit, i dont know which unit as of yet cause i haven't done any research on them yet.

go with the quaife LSD
very badass

and please tell me the mirror tint isnt sticking around long ;)

nice car.... good luck ... happy tuning :)

yea the mirror tint i had done because there is nothing in the back of the car and i dont want anyone to see it, my freind did it for me it didnt cost much, but its therre for one reason cause it looks like shit the guy who had it before me ground everything down so its basically ugly bare metal, i am goin to primer it black when i get a chance but not until i get my cage welding and the back all painted its goin to have that tint...LOL

sounds like youve got some good shit planned ... keep us posted :)

8:1 compression! jesus thats low. 14 psi, and your gonna make 100 whp :D

your choice of tranny.... is... rather.... odd?? to say the least......

anyway- im jelous, white vx's rock

I'm glad to see everyone is excited about my lil project, I am too...hehehe anyway as far as the comp ratio goes i went that low for a reason so I could drive the car 100,000 miles and not kill the motor, it will be driven everyday so I underpowered the motor and made the turbo make up for it, if i remember corectly the skiyline R34 runs 8.35:1 CR but im not sure, so I am not alone in my theory about the CR, but I did the math on the motor/CR/PSI i plan to be running it at on a program made for building turbo setups and it shows around 320.72HP with a T3 turbo using a 60 compressor trim and a 1.06 a/r, as far as the tranny setup goes i got the idea from a B20/Turbo Hatch in an issue of sport compact car that ran a 12.79 in the 1/4 mile, decent gearing with a lil more top end than the LS tranny has, he has issues with spinning the wheels off of it even with slicks on an LS tranny so I am sure that a low geared GSR or B16 tranny would be worse for this. Anyway hope this helps explain why i am goin with that.

skylines run 8.5:1.
they are also a 2.6L motor with 6 cyls.
a better example is the DSM's. They come stock with a 2L and 14 psi (if memory serves) and they only make 200 flywheel horse, so 170 whp at 14 psi. they run 8.5:1 compression as well.

you will have equal longetivity with higher compression and lower boost. 9-9.5:1 is, in my opinion, ideal for a high powered car, and 10:1 is ideal for a 6 psi bolt on kit looking for no more than 220 whp

Back