Longhorn

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It pretty much is, I am just thinking it might be buggy, but we are installing it on a old laptop first, if it works out, than on mine it goes.

One thing I really like is the 3d windows, I don't know if they are in those pictures, but they are nice looking, tilted to the side a bit.

Here's a video of it.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Feb 7 2005, 10:03 AM
It pretty much is, I am just thinking it might be buggy, but we are installing it on a old laptop first, if it works out, than on mine it goes.

One thing I really like is the 3d windows, I don't know if they are in those pictures, but they are nice looking, tilted to the side a bit.

Here's a video of it.
[post=457398]Quoted post[/post]​

Those are nothing new. However 3d effects, drop shadows and the like will take a bit of processor power.

when long horn comes out, and xp is no longer supported, i'm moving 100% to linux. that's all i have to say about this.

Originally posted by Sabz5150+Feb 7 2005, 10:07 AM-->
@Feb 7 2005, 10:03 AM

Here's a video of it.
[post=457398]Quoted post[/post]​

Those are nothing new. However 3d effects, drop shadows and the like will take a bit of processor power.
[post=457413]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

That's just window animation plus a hefty drop shadow.

Well, we installed build 8 on my buddies "break me" and it turns out it is missing a bunch of stuff you have to go in and add manually, fuck that.

Anyway, the only thing I can't get with WindowFX is the tilted windows. Fuck it.

When I get home and have my laptop freed to do whatever with, I am going to try out Linux, but until now I had to stay windows incase something fuxored up.

Just Dled build 9, going to see if that's any better. they say they fixed most bugs, updated for 2005 and completed the aforementioned missing info.

Anyway here are a couple shots of mine now, sorry for the size....

gallery_630_77_103714.jpg

gallery_630_77_74706.jpg

Problem is as Sabz pointed out, most of the effects consume my processor, and my graphics card is a weakling that has no 3d acceleration, so I am ass out on the canted windows :(

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 8 2005, 02:38 PM
Wow- looks like a Mac. :lol:

I just run the classic "theme"- no processor overhead for me.
[post=457944]Quoted post[/post]​

I was actually the whole time I have been here, but I got bored one day, and started DLing shit off line, and happened upon all the customizing shizzy, so I went crazy.

I understand man- I do that too, but then it starts to get old (for me) and I just put it all back to stock. I can never see the desktop anyway, and I don't really pay attention to anything except the content inside the windows themselves.

Now on the game box that I take to tournaments and crap, I might want to customize some and make things pretty. Tournament boxes = all about the bling. :)

Back