look at my project car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
this thread is giving me a head ache!

1. sell the accord
2. keep the h22 built short block you have and get a H22 head / tranny
3. buy another platform [civic, teg]
4. get the needed swap stuff [ecu, mounts, axles...]
5. install the motor in car
6. start thinking about suspension or star buying FI stuff

in order to do things right you have to take steps. some people do it all at once [good for them]. first you need to get used to the car and see if any bugs come up before you add a bunch of stuff. after you have a solid base then you add "go fast parts".

if you prep the accord real good you can spend just 300 bucks on a cheap pain job and sell it that much faster. clean it up and sent it packing

All of my intensions have been for a good reliable bad ass motor. Just been kicked in the nuts to many times. Ill spend the extra dough to make sure that everything is going to hold up. well as long as it can handle the abuse. As far as a next vehicle goes, can you put a h22 in a 94gsr . and can i keep the transmission, without to many mods.

Yes, you certainly can put the H22 into a 94 GSR, however, it will not bolt up to the GSR's transmission, so you'll either have to buy an H22 transmission or get an adaptor plate to make it work.

Also, if you want to use an H22 transmission in a Civic or Integra then there will be some cutting and trimming of the transmission tunnel needed to make it work.

There's something else to consider though. Unless you're getting this GSR with a blown motor or no motor, then you have to ask yourself if you really want to pull a perfectly good B18C and ditch it for an H22. The B18C can also be a potent motor when properly built and boosted. Also keep in mind that a GSR in good condition will often fetch a pretty high price. In my area people are selling 94-96 GSRs for around 5-7 grand depending on condition, miles, mods, etc., wheras you could pick up a 92-95 Civic for 2-3 grand.

If I were you I'd look towards a 92-95 Civic hatchback or coupe or a 94-95 RS/GS/LS Integra rather than a GSR if you want to swap your H22 into it.

Wow. You guys are ripping this poor kid up.

advice for said kid. Stop calling it a "race" car. Call it a "show" car or something. If you want a "race" car you need to consider something a little more race worthy, such as a swapped CRX or a civic hatch. or an integra even. Accords are family cars, and as such, have lots of unnecessary weight and size.

That being said, yes, you can make your accord into a "race" car. but you'll need to strip it clean of every extra bit of weight you can, swap windows for lexan, dump the back seat, passenger seat, etc. Dump the body kit and start replacing larger items with Carbon. Swap in a monster engine and completely rebuild the suspension to race spec.

This is choice time. Do you want to have a quick little daily driver that looks nifty? Say on course. But dont call it a race car, and dont aspire to be a race car driver in training in the thing.

If you want a show car, by all means, slap on all the body kits and bondo you can dream up. extra points for having 8769875 screens implanted in the most impractical places immagineable.

If you want a "Race" car though, you need to do a 180. Rethink your chassis decision, stop adding unneccesary parts and get down to business. Join the SCCA. Go do some volunteer work for them and have a look at those cars. You'll see that looks definently arent everything, and minimalism is key. You'll see that the quickest cars out there are usually missing most of their parts, look worse than a stock vehicle, but carve corners like crazy. That being said, Stop working on your car all together until you've attended a few events and talked with several drivers/pit members.

Advise for you experienced hondaswappers. Instead of ripping him up and doing rice chants, why not point the kid in the right direction? "ZOMG ur body kitz are slowing you down and they suxorz" doesnt help anything. Toss him a clue.

Advise for you experienced hondaswappers. Instead of ripping him up and doing rice chants, why not point the kid in the right direction? "ZOMG ur body kitz are slowing you down and they suxorz" doesnt help anything. Toss him a clue.

thats how it started.. he didnt listen and insisted his car was a "race" car.. thats when the flaming began.. he knows now that his car is not a race car and has planned on buying a more race ready chassis

got a ???? for yall, whats the deal on the h23 heads going on the f22 block?? is that even possible and do you lose the vtec, and what does is actually do for the motor.

the h series blocks do not have iron sleeves which prevent you from putting forged internals in them with out resleeving first. the h series sleeves are made of an alloy and a fiber matrix called frm. the f series have iron sleeves so that you CAN put in forged internals. yes if you put a non vtec head on a motor you will lose vtec. all of the vtec controls are in the head. however this hybrid motor is great for those who want to boost a dohc head and do it with better pistons than what is provided in the h22

SOLD !!!!!!!!!!!! got the race car sold..... some kid and his mom bought it, thought it was REALLY COOL, got a 200 dollar paint job, single stage black gloss, good to have friends in paintin cars, well it sold for 7200 , more than what i thought i was getting, so now i got 5800, bought a reubilt h22 head and a tranny, Aight I need another car ASAP , still undecieded about what i want to get , civic, tegra, prelude, crx . so many choices. been looking around but nothing close to me . nothing has said , I MUST HAVE THIS !!!! you know what i mean ? well just wanted to let ya know that its GONE!!!!!!!!!!! im not going to lie . i miss it , so much time and money gone but thats how it goes.

put the cash away

now find out what you want to race in. [scca, drag]
i would get a gsr

do you want a turbo charged car or all motor... remember that those events have more complex rules about what you can add to a car...
i would get a turbo mr2 or a subbie if you like turbo. a gsr/eksi is good for an all motor platform

Solo II Novice Handbook

the car that i buy must take a h22a , i have a complete motor, bottom end has been sleeved pistons rods and bearings, the crank has been polished, im not too sure what polishing the crank does for performance, the head has been rebuilt, i just finish assembling the motor last night, i have the ecu and a jdm transmision with lsd, is the jdm h22 lsd better than my old f22 tranny with quiafe 1.5way lsd? also on the 18th of this month i will have the t3t4 turbo kit from turbonetics. remember i olny have 5800 to work with , also even with a rebuilt head should i spend the extra money to get cams and better valves, would it be worth porting and polishing even though it will be boosted?

So if i wanted to get involved with the scca whats the best way to go about it , and their regulations on the cars, where can i get the in formation to see what rules there is to qualify the car to race, still gotta get one first, can you put a h22 in a tegra , i like those cars , but never pushed one to its limit, dont know the handling possibility, damn im so confused right now , and im so eager to get started on making the right car now !!!!

does the scca require a roll cage?

My suggestion:

Seek out a clean, solid (not wrecked or modified) car. 90-91 CRX Si (Si for a slightly more powerful stock engine and rear disk brakes). Buy it, put some nice rubber on the stock wheels, and stick the rest in the bank. Hell, toss it in a paypal.com money market for 5% interest.

Join the scca, and race in your clean, stock vehicle. There is a stock class that is all driver skill, not driver $$$$. They do not allow most modifications to the vehicle, so you need to start with a nice, clean, good condition car. And leave it alone. Get the basics down, and THEN start planning. The crx will put you in a class of small compact cars, just like it. you will have the advantage over several other vehicles because the crx when stock is quite a package when you stand back and look at it. 4 wheel disk brakes, low, light, quick, and carves corners very well.

Dont add a turbo, or nos, or even an intake or headers. Those will usually bump you into another class, and you will be up against much faster vehicles. Leave it stock, and take it slow, get a few races under your belt.

after 1 year of this, and seeing the different classes, races, setups, etc. Go crazy. But only after you've done several races and figured out where you want to go. And after that 1 year, you'll still have a nice chunk of change in the bank, and you'll have a whole different perspective as to what a race car really is.

Accords Are Heavy As hell, Lets say there was an EG hatch with an Built H22, and a mild turbo setup, and you put that same setup in your accord, youll run at least 2 seconds slower

On the other hand, a 400 hp Civic wouldnt be a good DD because you would be spinning left and right..

Id stick an H22 in, clean the car up, and use it as a DD

buy a clean something and put the h22 in it. Sell that.

Good luck jumping into a h22 turbo swapped honda and keeping up with the rest of the class. Plus, an h22 isnt the most ideal engine to be running either and even less so with a improperly sized/designed turbo kit. Is the turbonetics kit going to provide minimal lag while producing power in the places you want it and not just at near redline??

Research the type of racing you want to do, research where they do the racing. See if your area has a forum for people who participate, ask a million questions. Again, just slappin a turbo kit on a motor and slappin thta into some car is not the best way to do things. Plan, plan, plan, research, plan, research, plan, talk, ask questions, plan, research, and more question asking. Then purchase vehicle, work on suspension, get some light weight wheels, some lightweight but sticky tires, and a stock motor. Like phyre said, check out what you can do to cars so you arent going up against cars that will kill you.

Fuggit! Here's my $0.02....

1)STOP spending money on the "fantasy"
2)Buy a K20
3)Buy some Hasport mounts
4)Buy a "shell"(hatches are good-less weight)
5)Buy aftermarket internals (ask around; people know what to do with a "K")
6)Buy suspension and I/H/E components
7)After the motor work dynos out to be pretty bad-ass... you buy ONE and only one sticker for you new "race-car"

It reads as follows....
"NO BOOST, NO BOTTLE..... JUST MY FOOT IN THE THROTTLE!!"

... AND YOU NOW HAVE BRAGGING RIGHTS... cuz that's what racing is about right?
^_^

i hate bodykits you should have gat a lip kit and spend the $$$$ you did on the ricer shit on getting internals not a ricer site!!!!!!!!!!

aight i found a car for sell in my neighborhood that looks like something that i would really like , a 2002 acura rsx type s, he wants only 2000 for it , got a bad motor, is this car worth the effort and money to build.what could be accomplished with this car , well what are the options that are best suited for this car . or my neighbor has a SUBURA STI 2005 for sell , if i sell my motor wth turbo then ill have enough to get his race ready 470 hp awd subbie. im still doing rescearh on the scca , im going to the VIR on the 15th of march to get my novice license. its a 8 hour class 3.5 hours in the class and 4.5 hours on the track, it was alittle bit pricy i think , 995 big ones , but i think it will be worth every penny, if i dont have a car to take then my neighbor was nice enough to offer me his, for the day . i think i should wait until i see what is actually out there at the track racing and then determine the best car for the job, the way it seems is that honda isnt a good road coursing manafacture like subaru on rally, i am going to learn about the sport as much as i can !!! then decied later. but i was still wndering about the rsx type s that needs a new motor, what motor is in those cars and what dollar range would you be looking at to put it on the track

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back