Look Out For Cameros!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hell ya theres po's rollin around in cameros over here in KS. There only on the highway though. I remember one time they came up behind me but they pulled the guy next to me over.... man that was close haha.

I'm in a group that does shooting at the po po shooting range every monday nite and we learn about what cops are allowed to do and what rights we have. We also got to see all the diff undercover cars our town has.

is it true that cops can't check ur speed if they're not stopped. from what i've heard is that how the radar works is that they shoot a beam to ur car and the beam comes back to their radar and goes back, and the distance u've traveled between those two radars is what calculates how fast u're goin'. but if they're moving then they can't accurately calculate cause it will give a wrong calculation. Is this true, I once asked a cop that came into my place of employment, and he said they can, but it was the same cop taht had pulled me and my friend over a week ago so i can't trust his word. FYI....he let us go because my friend's dad is a sheriff.....find urself a cop friend, and keep his card with u...it might save ur ass

Originally posted by hassaan@Mar 5 2003, 04:39 PM
is it true that cops can't check ur speed if they're not stopped. from what i've heard is that how the radar works is that they shoot a beam to ur car and the beam comes back to their radar and goes back, and the distance u've traveled between those two radars is what calculates how fast u're goin'. but if they're moving then they can't accurately calculate cause it will give a wrong calculation. Is this true, I once asked a cop that came into my place of employment, and he said they can, but it was the same cop taht had pulled me and my friend over a week ago so i can't trust his word. FYI....he let us go because my friend's dad is a sheriff.....find urself a cop friend, and keep his card with u...it might save ur ass

nah man, they can check ur speed if they're moving, they always do

I believe the radar gun takes into account their own vehicle speed when getting readings out of their radar.

Originally posted by BallinPrelude@Mar 5 2003, 12:05 AM
Hell ya theres po's rollin around in cameros over here in KS. There only on the highway though. I remember one time they came up behind me but they pulled the guy next to me over.... man that was close haha.

there is more than one, trust me on this one there are like 5 as far as i know arount the wichita area but from here to kansas city there is 15 i believe its pretty close to that, i remember when they got them my moms freind took me to look at one and later took me for a ride in it, there are also 2 mustangs in the wichita area those things are beasty, even though i hate mustangs they are pretty fast, the only way to know about those is they have 2 american flags an the back corner glass.

Back