Look out rice-boys of America....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cobalt.jpg

looks like an RSX if you ask me

looks like front end of a cavalier with i dunno what kinda backend

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Jan 1 2004, 07:44 PM
cobalt.jpg

looks like an RSX if you ask me

that would make it ugly lol

to bad under the hood it has a honda motor
or maybe Im wrong is chevy selling honda motors yet?

shit, they're gonna offer a 200 HP engine in it. It's got a definate thumbs up from me, and for a cavalier, it doesn't look that bad

This thing is going to be pretty quick with 200 hp... I'll probably kick the RSX's ass, as it will probably be lighter...

I am not impressed by a 2.4l motor, and all it has is 200hp most likly to the fly. With the technology that we have today, that motor should be making 240hp minimum to the fly, if they are going to try and sell it as a "sport compact car."

To capture import people (not just "tuners") here is what they have to do...

Most important first.
1. Make it last. No shitty quality crap.
2. Make it good on gas. On all of america's "Small cars" have always only had medioker gas millage. 35 mpg should not be that hard to acheive.
3. Make it handle at least somewhat sporty. Besides maybe the Neon, most american cars are so boring to drive.
4. Make it have better brakes.
5. Give it styling. The malibu, Cavilier, and Sunfire all look like the designers were triping when they designed it. Make it look unique.
6. Make it light. 2800 lbs for a compact car is crazy. Look at the new V6 accord ex. It is under 3k lbs, and that is a full size sedan now.

And for the tuners
1. Make it upgradable. The suspension setup on things like the Dodge stratus, Caviler, and cars like that, technology is as old as the engineers.
2. make it just about the same as my above list.

well if it is only making 140 hp with a 2.2 L engine means they aren't using optimal parts which means alot of room to upgrade with large gains

Originally posted by FFCiv@Jan 1 2004, 10:10 PM
well if it is only making 140 hp with a 2.2 L engine means they aren't using optimal parts which means alot of room to upgrade with large gains

try telling a saturn that.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 1 2004, 08:27 PM
To capture import people (not just "tuners") here is what they have to do...

Most important first.
1. Make it last. No shitty quality crap.
2. Make it good on gas. On all of america's "Small cars" have always only had medioker gas millage. 35 mpg should not be that hard to acheive.
3. Make it handle at least somewhat sporty. Besides maybe the Neon, most american cars are so boring to drive.
4. Make it have better brakes.
5. Give it styling. The malibu, Cavilier, and Sunfire all look like the designers were triping when they designed it. Make it look unique.
6. Make it light. 2800 lbs for a compact car is crazy. Look at the new V6 accord ex. It is under 3k lbs, and that is a full size sedan now.

And for the tuners
1. Make it upgradable. The suspension setup on things like the Dodge stratus, Caviler, and cars like that, technology is as old as the engineers.
2. make it just about the same as my above list.

:werd:

and my biggest complaint about american cars

give it some decent fucking seats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i want a seat that has some damn support and actually holds you in place under cornering.... not some cushy shit that feels like im chillin at home on the damn couch

:rant:

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Jan 1 2004, 07:42 PM
new contender for civic

It's just going to be the replacement for the Cavalier. :shrug2: I actually like it...it's an improvement over the Cavalier in so many ways.

Back