Look what apple did.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I think its pretty clear the benefits of using a Mac over a PC, especially when you're working with programs that are graphic heavy.

Unless I can find something better than the nano or shuffle, I'm going to get another ipod. Too bad my neighbors left stuff on their sidewalk, so that when I returned from my run and it was darker out it was difficult to see the plastic straps lying on the sidewalk. Kaboooom! Nice black line through my ipod nano screen. Nice $300 down the drain.

I think its pretty clear the benefits of using a Mac over a PC, especially when you're working with programs that are graphic heavy.

Unless I can find something better than the nano or shuffle, I'm going to get another ipod. Too bad my neighbors left stuff on their sidewalk, so that when I returned from my run and it was darker out it was difficult to see the plastic straps lying on the sidewalk. Kaboooom! Nice black line through my ipod nano screen. Nice $300 down the drain.
what plastic straps? sounds like a liability lawsuit to me.

what plastic straps? sounds like a liability lawsuit to me.

The ones that go around big boxes to aide in lifting.

Those clear/whitish plastic straps that wrap around boxes.

It was on a public sidewalk, in front of a neighbor's house. I stepped inside the straps and they went around both of my feet just like a cartoon trap. My 4gb nano, which was top of the line at the time and had my name specially engraved and custom ordered from Japan when the nanos first debuted, was under my hoody. When I fell and rolled to my side, my arm hit the ground. I finished my run with the music still playing but when I pulled my hoody off I had a huge black line going through the center of the screen.

Too bad apple doesn't warranty or replace screens. ...like I said, $300 down the drain. Now I use a cheap 64mb Rio, that I bought off of woot.com, while I work out.

I got my black 4GB Nano for free... Want mine? It's perfect except for some small scratches on the back of it.

How much?

I was thinking about going with one of the really small ones, but I don't like that I can't see the song title. Although, I normally just randomly select songs anyway.

I was also thinking about one of the more durable nanos since they're only $150 new now.

I haven't really researched the alternatives that are none apple products. I need something fairly small, light, and durable to run and lift with and the fact that I could connect the ipod through the car was a plus.

It was on a public sidewalk, in front of a neighbor's house. I stepped inside the straps and they went around both of my feet just like a cartoon trap. My 4gb nano, which was top of the line at the time and had my name specially engraved and custom ordered from Japan when the nanos first debuted, was under my hoody. When I fell and rolled to my side, my arm hit the ground. I finished my run with the music still playing but when I pulled my hoody off I had a huge black line going through the center of the screen.

Too bad apple doesn't warranty or replace screens. ...like I said, $300 down the drain. Now I use a cheap 64mb Rio, that I bought off of woot.com, while I work out.
uh dude, that is a total liability lawsuit. if you can prove that it was their straps, they are liable for any loss/damage. if you want a new ipod, just tell them.

uh dude, that is a total liability lawsuit. if you can prove that it was their straps, they are liable for any loss/damage. if you want a new ipod, just tell them.

For $300 minus depreciation plus court costs plus the burden of proof and bad blood between myself and idiotic neighbors, its simply not worth the time nor effort.

I may argue silly points online, but in person I'm not going to waste my time because my neighbors are some bonehead thugs that aren't productive members of society.

All the other music players I've gotten have been shit compared to my ipod. I had a phillips 2g and a cheap 1g and they've been poopy. I don't really like that I have to run itunes just to mess with my ipod though...

get it repaired
IPOD SCREEN REPAIRS: RapidRepair

How much?

I was thinking about going with one of the really small ones, but I don't like that I can't see the song title. Although, I normally just randomly select songs anyway.

I was also thinking about one of the more durable nanos since they're only $150 new now.

I haven't really researched the alternatives that are none apple products. I need something fairly small, light, and durable to run and lift with and the fact that I could connect the ipod through the car was a plus.

Uh, I was going to give it to you... I have no use for it anymore. It's the first generation one...

No, it's up to you. Haha. If you want it, just pay me for shipping I guess.

I think it's funny... after posting this... my download of Pay It Forward finished. A friend of mine hasn't seen it, so I grabbed it so we could watch it. Well, since it finished around 10pm last night, I decided to watch it. I giggled and sort of thought of this as a 'mini' pay it forward kind of thing. I like to be a nice person. Maybe if more people do things like that...

Yeah, I know. Hey, like I said, I got it for free and I'm trying to rid myself of a lot of material attachment these days. I haven't used it much, I don't need to profit from it. I guess I'm just not really concerned with money anymore... especially since I don't have any, I know what it's like to need it. Not that TB needs money... ok I must clarify that I never went to sleep last night. I haven't slept since Thursday.

Am I crazy?

Back