Look what I did today!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FObangah

:mellow: I'm such a dumb ass. The fuel pump in my truck decided it needed a vacation this morning. Eh....no big deal. I'll take the s2k. Well, the truck was at the end of the driveway ( behind my girls' car ) blocking the intrance, but there was just enough room to get out...or so I thought. I cut to sharp not paying attention and snagged the planter at the end of the drive way. Here's the aftermath;

I thought I was gonna cry, shit, kill, torcher, anything but look at the car. The bumper and lip are still structurely sound but it looks like hell. I've never HAD anything painted before, I bought the kit allready painted and I'm not to bad with a rattle can but I don't think I can trust myself not to ruin the car. What do you guys think would be a good estimate of what it will cost me to have this painted or is there a way I can do it myself without it looking like ass?

Attachments

• car 098.jpg
    car 098.jpg
    625.5 KB · Views: 475
  • car 099.jpg
    car 099.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 441
That actually doesn't look too bad. Put it back together, clean it up, buff out everything that can possibly be buffed out, and then very carefully fix it with a touch up brush and some very fine sand paper. Should clean right up.

looks rough from the eyes of the owner, but from my pov it looks very fixable. i wish you luck. peace.

Sorry took so long to reply...comcast took a shit on the whole nieghborhood last night.

I knew it would go back together fine but the paint is fubar'ed. Im not sure the pic does it justice. The problem is it "spider webbed" the hell out of the paint surrounding it. Not to mention the paint wasn't applied very well and coated on pretty thick, so now it's slowly flaking off. Any kind of touch up would more than likely come off. I'm posting better pictures in a sec.

here you go, circled the damage in yellow. Pay no attention to the dirt, no use washin' a beat up car:(

Attachments

• Tiffs camera 197.JPG
    Tiffs camera 197.JPG
    710.9 KB · Views: 367
  • Tiffs camera 198.JPG
    Tiffs camera 198.JPG
    670 KB · Views: 366
  • Tiffs camera 199.JPG
    Tiffs camera 199.JPG
    894.6 KB · Views: 390
mako?!?!?!? [ middle finger ]

Had them do some work on my first car. Ive done better with rustoleum.

Speaking of.....I'm thinking of expresspaint.com's NH630M 11 oz. rattle cans and clearcoat to match...and doing it myself. What can I do about the underlying paint to keep it from chipping off??

go to a good sized car dealership, one that sells a lot of used car as well as new. ask the manager who they use to do touch up paintwork on their cars, such as bumpers, fenders and such. ask if he can name a few cars that they have done so you can look at the quality, get their card, call them, and go out to the lot again and see a few of their cars that they have done if the manager couldnt point out some before.
that will be the cheapest way. the people our used lot use are really damn good.

Just fix the lip and leave the paint. Tell everyone the chipping is from speeds in exess of 200mph! :D

go to a good sized car dealership, one that sells a lot of used car as well as new. ask the manager who they use to do touch up paintwork on their cars, such as bumpers, fenders and such. ask if he can name a few cars that they have done so you can look at the quality, get their card, call them, and go out to the lot again and see a few of their cars that they have done if the manager couldnt point out some before.
that will be the cheapest way. the people our used lot use are really damn good.

+1 rep. Thats a hell-of-an idea. I don't know why I didn't think of it. I used to work at Budget Rent-a-Car (before AVIS snatched 'em up) and we had some local moble guys that did touch ups on our turn-arounds and damaged cars before they were sent back to the manufacturer. " Dent wizardz " they were called or something like that. Thanks man, your brain > my brain^_^

Just fix the lip and leave the paint. Tell everyone the chipping is from speeds in exess of 200mph! :D

Yeah maybe 145mph.... and its only been that fast one time.:ph34r:

The bumper is back together straight now though. I went out and stuck bandaids on it last night. :D

If I would have hit a raccoon...atleast I would have gotten a good laugh out of the whole thing.
I'm gonna make some phone calls at work today though to see If I can get some one to atleast come look at it.

If I would have hit a raccoon...atleast I would have gotten a good laugh out of the whole thing.
I'm gonna make some phone calls at work today though to see If I can get some one to atleast come look at it.

double post ownage

Last edited:
Back