Look what I picked up.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
Creative Zen Touch
zentouchpix2.jpg

Man I love this thing 20Gb of my 50Gb mp3 colection at my fingertips all day now.
I've only had the thing since Wednesday but it great. at $200 it sure as hell beats the price of an Ipod, actually plays mp3 (as ipod converts to aac) really easy to use. 24hr continuous play battery life(I'll let you know how true that is)

Well if you're looking for an Ipod alternative this player kiss-ass.

thats cool ive been looking for an mp3 player.
ipods are too expensive for my blood, i dont need an mp3 player that bad

That is cool, I was looking at those, keep us up on performance, I might be into one.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Feb 25 2005, 02:35 PM
Creative Zen Touch
zentouchpix2.jpg

at $200 it sure as hell beats the price of an Ipod, actually plays mp3 (as ipod converts to aac) really easy to use.
[post=466227]Quoted post[/post]​

What are you talking about the iPod Plays MP3, iTunes has a default setting to convert to AAC (which is smaller in size and higher in quality than an MP3), you can change that in iTunes to MP3s. The iPod just dropped in price last Wednesday, and is still the easiest MP3 player to use. Right now I am working at an Apple reseller, and the old 4GB iPod Minis are going for $149.99. Not only are the iPods coming down in price the battery life is going up, the new Mini has 18 hours of battery life. I think the Nomad is the first good attempt at an iPod clone, as most MP3 players before the iPod have been shit. So give the iPod credit where it is due. :)

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Feb 26 2005, 01:25 PM
and is still the easiest MP3 player to use. Right now I am working at an Apple reseller, and the old 4GB iPod Minis are going for $149.99. Not only are the iPods coming down in price the battery life is going up, the new Mini has 18 hours of battery life. I think the Nomad is the first good attempt at an iPod clone, as most MP3 players before the iPod have been shit. So give the iPod credit where it is due. :)
[post=466526]Quoted post[/post]​

Well then I was mistaken about the mp3 to aac conversion bit, but anyway $200 for 20GB, vs $150 for 4GB ($199 / 6GB), no comparison there. The Creative Touch has 24hr continous play battery life that's 6hrs longer than the ipod mini, and 12hrs longer than an ipod. I don't think you can say the ipod is the easiest player to use anymore. This Creative player is extreamley easy to use, has great sound is almost the same dimensions as an... ipod and only weighs about 1 oz more. and I have used an ipod before a friend let me borrow theirs so I could get an idea of what feature I wanted in a player. The Creative surpasses all my expectations ina plyer.

IMHO the Creative Zen Touch beats the ipod by a slight margin

Size W x H x D
20GB Zen Touch 4.12 x 2.7 x 0.866
4GB mini size .....3.6 x 2.0 x 0.5
20Gb ipod...........4.1 x 2.4 x 0.57

i've had the creative zen jukebox for about 3 years now. its old and big and heavy, but it still works awesome, and i use it all day, everyday, at work. in fact, i have it on right now.

the ipod prices really dropped. The 60gb photo is only 450 now, when it was 600 when it came out a few months ago. Although there are starting to be much better compeditors, iPod has always had it right. It is so easy to use. Back in the day, I had the creative lab 4gb player. The thing was heavy as hell, hard as hell to find a song and play what I wanted, and took forever to transfer and load songs. the first gen iPod is just as simple as the new iPod minis.

Back