Lookin for a deal on a Cheap PC...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ScrapinSi

We move into the house next week, and I wanna buy the fiancee a new PC for the house, as her laptop shit the bed. Here is the best deal i found her so far...

Dell:
P4 2.8ghz
512mb RAM
80gb HD
48x CDROM (already have an external USB 2.0 CDRW from the laptop)
WinXP
17" LCD

$499 shipped after MIR of $150.

I know dell has deals like this all the time, and i found this deal on slickdeals.net, and other similar ones on dealnews.com... Can anybody else recommend another place to get a good deal?

I would build it myself, but shit... they are so damn cheap its not worth my time! All she uses it for is MP3 downloading to her 60gb zen, and browsing the internet.

I like my dell, it a good computer so far.

A friend of mine who works over at hp. told me that if your looking at getting a new computer look at getting one from the outlet section, cause the ones coming from the outlet section have gone through several more tests than the one that have just been built, plus you save money. plus they also have the same warrantys

Yeah, I bought a refurbished dell 4 years ago and it was the bomb digity. Granted, it was a workstation, not a shitty little desktop (dual 1ghz pIII's and 512mb ram, powerful for its day). I would say go with refurbished or build your own. Dont get an HP what ever you do, or a Compaq, or a Gateway. They are all complete shit. Dell gets my vote for a cheap desktop PC.

compaq/hp > dell now.

but i still wouldn't buy either...

i can get you an older compaq for i dunno 50-75 bucks. I got a bunch of computers at my wharehouse but those things are slow...defnitly would need upgraded memory (64 RAM :thumbsdown:)

But it's not too bad, I don't remmeber the exact pecs, but for 50-75 bucks it's WELL worth it. YOu'd have to tell me now though, cause I'm auctioning all of them tomorrow.

LOL! I have more older PC's than I know what to do with... i want a new PC for her..

and b... i disagree with you on that one... i have worked on HP's & compaqs for YEARS, and my company even has a partnership with HP, and they SUCK ASS!

If anybody comes across any smoking deals on dells, let me know so i dont miss it. :)

As does mine... we are an HP company. and i would still buy one over a dell.

Back