Lookin For A Tablet

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i believe its two months. at least thats what i was told by best buy

So I still havent bought one. Went to get one tonite, and Best Buy didnt have any of the ones I wanted in stock, or the knowledge to help me with another that Ive never seen before.

I was just checkin out Newegg, and saw the View Sonic VPAD7. It runs on Android 2.2, and seems to have to have typical specs. Not sure if it supports flash though. But its about $100 cheaper. Any reason I should get a Galaxy over this one. Thanks.

My experiences with ViewSonic monitors has been mixed. In reality it's probably just a cheap chinese brand tablet rebranded for them.

Galaxy Tab has a good reputation, which should not be ignored in this case.

Fair enough. Im thinkin the same thing. Not to mention, I really like the layout. Its easy for me to follow, being as Ive had somethin with Android since it came out.

if you are looking for a cheapie
woot has a 7 inch android 2.0 tablet up on there today for $79.99 + $5 shipping

if you are looking for a cheapie
woot has a 7 inch android 2.0 tablet up on there today for $79.99 + $5 shipping

definately stay way from this...it doesn't have the official android market, my girl bought a similar one from QVC and it pretty much sucked, had android 2.1 but was not a quality device like the Galaxy Tab is. Returned it the day after it arrived..I would definatly get a named brand tablet

Lol, ya the only cheap one I can seem to find that has the legit Android market and Flash support is the iBex Flytouch 3. And even then its hit and miss for some reason.

I really like the screen size. The packaging seems decent too. Why would you suggest flashing a new ROM?

Im not big on the idea of reflashing, because then Im constantly tryin new ones, and always bitchin about little stuff that each ROM is missing. If I leave it alone, then I use it for its intended purpose, and bitch much less lol.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/1...s-guide-to-making-the-best-of-a-great-tablet/

Well, by default, the G Tablet does not come with the Android Market, which should be no surprise to most tablet owners, as that is slated for the Honeycomb release.

Out of the box, I do not recommend the Viewsonic G. If the manufacturer thinks it can compete with an iPad for $150 less, it is way off. But when you root the device and load a custom ROM, it becomes an amazing product. I would consider this a poor man’s tablet.

I really don't think you'll be able to get a tablet for less than the price of an ipad that will do everything you want it to right out of the box, especially not an android tablet. This guy said he was ready to root the device after 15 minutes of use, the stock ROM was that bad.

Last edited:
Battle answered your question....custom ROMS usualy run faster, have "aftermarket" apps installed and usualy have a better battery life. They also get rid of the bloatware that comes with it and useless apps to free up space. It seems to have great specs and people who have rooted, flashed and custom ROM seem to love it

Damn it. If I wasnt savin for a new place Id order it. Thats why I havent been in a huge hurry to get one lol.

As for the G Tab, Ill have to look into it. All I need is a photo album, and Flash support. The rest is built in to the Android OS. So, its pretty hard to be disappointed by a stock ROM lol.

Back