Lookin For A Tablet

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Lol, my girl friend wants to get a Nook Color. Maybe I can talk her into letting me play with it when she does.

Nope, they're really easy to restore- and they run really really well of an SD card. Mine's not rooted ON the nook, at least not yet- I run everything off a speedy 8GB microSD card. If I take the card out, it's a normal nook. You can modify the bootloader to give you a dual boot option too, but I haven't done that yet.

Nice, thats pretty cool. That reminds me of the CHDK for Canon point and shoots. Now I hope she gets one lol.

Well both of the Galaxy Tabs showed up at my house today. Of course it is while I am on travel status. But I spent a good hour video conferencing with the fiancee and it worked out pretty damn well considering I have to tether my phone while I am down this direction. She seems to really enjoy it and had a easiest enough time getting it setup without me there.

Are yours the data versions, or did you get them from a wireless provider?

I got them through the store they have at work. Its payroll deducted. Just straight wifi. My phone is rooted so I have wifi tethering through it.

Using Google Talk. It is talk to talk only. I am going to see if I can get Qik to work here in a bit. Im trying to get all of my bookmarks and what not loaded up on it right now. Its going to take me a few days to get it built.

If you use Google Chrome, cant you save your bookmarks then load em on your tab?

Chrome will automaticaly load bookmarks from IE too.

One would think... I am trying to use Chrome to Phone but its only sending to my Shift right now. Even then you have to send each bookmark individuality.

Firefox is supposed to be able to sync sessions between desktop and phone/tablet. Haven't used that function myself though.

Thats correct. Firefox and i belive dolphin browser can do it. I use chrome on my desktop these days so im trying to work it through

dolphin browser

images

I updated to the TouchWiz UI on my galaxy tab and really dig it so far. The browser is a lot snappier now

Im not familiar with TouchWiz. Care to explain a little, so I dont have to move my cursor clear to the top of the screen to open a new Google tab, then spend all that time typing TouchWiz into the search bar, followed by 15 seconds worth of reading?

Its Samsung's take on Honeycomb. Like HTC has the Sense UI. There are some other back end improvements like the ability to take screen shots without rooting and such. Adds a bit of color and what not to the setting screen as well.

I ended up googlin it anyways, and just came up with reviews. Got any links on what to do and where to get it?

Back