Lookin to buy my first bike guys.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the rest of the week the bike stays in my garage. Maybe once a month, if even that, I ride it to work.
I'm sure I'll take it out on the street occasionally, but rarely if ever.

Candy ass.

Try Capital One. They have specific bike loans, but try for a personal loan too. They have secured loans for the amount that you're asking for, or the "Blank Check loan", which is what I got to get my house / Vega / pay back Turbomirage.

I had not so good credit for that loan, I was surprised I got it. They will hold the lien against the item, and give you a regular term to pay it off. IT's not a revolving credit loan, like the Go Green shit.

MAKE SURE you don't get it on revolving credit. Other than that, just eat ramen and make some sacrifices and pay out of pocket for something. It's out there.

Revolving credit? Please explain.

Make some sacrifices? As long as I can get to the gym, school, and work every day, I'll sacrifice whatever I need to. Gym is paid for the next year.

Get a job at a donut joint. Return cans. Save every penny. It's worth it. I STILL do that to get another bike (I want a Royal Enfield) and I do nothing but work and eat ramen.

Revolving credit.. just google search it. It's a complex form of "Flexible monthly payments" that gets out of hand REALLY quickly. Most department store charge cards are revolving credit, or "Flex pay". Fuck it, it's a trap. Don't buy shit you can't afford, a tip from your Uncle Cel.

Get a job at a donut joint. Return cans. Save every penny. It's worth it. I STILL do that to get another bike (I want a Royal Enfield) and I do nothing but work and eat ramen.

Revolving credit.. just google search it. It's a complex form of "Flexible monthly payments" that gets out of hand REALLY quickly. Most department store charge cards are revolving credit, or "Flex pay". Fuck it, it's a trap. Don't buy shit you can't afford, a tip from your Uncle Cel.

Which is why I'm trying so hard for this 250, that I can afford.
I've actually wanted to work at a donut shop for a while, as a second job, so maybe I'll take that as a 2nd hit.

Yeah, donut jobs, around here anyway, pay pretty good in relation to what they ask you to do. Lots of them even do a graveyard shift, which pays slightly more and also has less actual work. Depending on the shop, and your area.

If you're in Pitt proper, you can also work for the university. They have some solid positions there, and like to higher within. A friend of mine is one of the IT managers there at pitt.edu.

Well, unfortunately, I'm still in highschool, and outside of Pittsburgh by about 40 minutes. However, I do have a free ride into a UPMC hospital starting as an Aid, which pays pretty well for no required degree (starts at $15.60/hour, which is about twice what I make now,) and from there, they will pay for my school as long as I keep a 3.5.

ive only done track days in a car... but yeah it definitely kicks a lot of ass

riding on the track > riding on the street.
period.
it's better than sex.

I bet it is, but to give up, pretty much, the streets and touring and stuff ? You're not gonna get another bike for that ?

Supermoto FTMFW. I rodemy friends Suzuki SM400 and my other friends R6. I like them both but the SM was way more responsive, and jumps 50+ foot doubles real easy (my friend almost shit) and like said before you cant take a streetbike off the road all to well, just more fun. My $0.02.

Multiple bikes FTW. But a good starter bike sets you off in the right direction. From there, you can get anything you want if you save about $2000 per season. A scooter, a cruiser, a sports bike (be it what you will). It's quite addicting and WAY easier to collect than multiple cars.

Perhaps Texas roads. New England roads, and your speeds will be different. Supermoto is a good choice around here.

I decided to get my fat bike because of my perpensity to travel on the highways for long distances.

Nah. I've driven both. Texas twisties get pretty damn tight too.

I had a bike phase.

Unfortunately that time coicided with my duty in Iceland. Out there i saw the wind blow at 30 knots for ten days straight with 50 knot gusts. I mean 30 knots ALL the time. Otherwise it was between 30 and 50. I decided it was a bad idea. Now I have oil heat, a family, student loans, and I am cobbeling together an Integra so the budget will not allow.

Knowing nothing about riding a bike, i would buy a harley sportster. If you don't know shit, don't buy a Ducati I say. but then again, I'm a little boozed atm...

If you do know shit, buy a Ducati, the Italians do it best...

:D

Knowing nothing about riding a bike, i would buy a harley sportster. :D

That about wraps it up. Harleys are nice as a second bike, or something to look at if you're really into their looks. As far as actually riding, they are shakey as hell, vibrating you into a coma after an hour. the V-rod may be different, but it's also primarily Japanese. Any harley is mainly an image thing.

But if you like american bikes (I do, really) the Buells are really neat. There is a Blast I'm thinking of trading the 12 for, but that dealer didn't give me a great offer on the 12 and I'm not paying $6500 for a 500 blast.

If i decided to push my luck any further in life I would push my EOD application through. Getting a bike, especially in maine, would be a bad idea atm. Mostly cause it would cut into my Integra budget...

I shoulda bit it to many times in life. No bikes for me, don´t think I have the luck in the bank anymore.

I don't know about buying a 250. Even if you wanted to crack it open there wouldn't be enough there. A friend of mine just bought an 08 Yamaha R6s. Supposed to be a bit tamer than a reg R6. That thing is light, nimble, and has very good street manners. However, if you decide to twist it to the 15,500 redline, its ungodly fast. I've been riding my whole life and I couldn't imagine having a better bike than that. I rode a Busa last weekend and that thing did scare the crap outta me. I wouldn't want it. But that R6s had the best of both worlds. And he picked it up for right at $6000.

Yeah. The 250 fell through. So it's back to good ole saving, since the wast of money tattoo I have is finished. We'll see what I can come up with within the next few months.

my GPZ is for sale. Actually, everything I goddam own is for sale. The ZX12 will kill you though.

What about a Katana? You can find those things relatively cheap, they perform well, and they have adequate power, all things considered...

my GPZ is for sale. Actually, everything I goddam own is for sale. The ZX12 will kill you though.

Send me pics of the GPZ...Might be interested in trading you for the Virago...I just did the fork seals on it, so the bike needs nothing now.

Back