Lookin to buy my first bike guys.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

There is actually a Katana for sale near me, great shape and a good price.

My GPZ can be found in my gallery, with it's yellow paint. If you wanna trade you can choose the color. a picture of it now would be boring, because it's got no plastics on it.

It's restored, the paint is the last thing left. I've got a spare motor and trans, swing arm, forks, seats, plastics, electrics.. almost a second bike. Yeah, if you wanna trade I'd be up for that. The GPZ is a WAY better round town bike, and if you wanna trade I'll buy it back from you down the road. I love that bike. New everything on it for shit's sake.

Well, I have great news.

In about 10 days, my bike will arrive at Gatto Cycle Shop, and I will be the proud owner of the 2008 Ninja 250r in the Candy Plasma Blue color.

Attachments

• ninja.jpg
    ninja.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 266
SWEET ! Congrats man. You'll love it.
:werd:

it's a world of improvement from last years model. it's a sweet bike. just make sure you grab a fender eliminator. and don't cheap out on gear. there is no price too expensive to cover your dome.

don't let the dealership give you a "free" helmet. ask for a discount percentage and pick out your own helmet.

SWEET ! Congrats man. You'll love it.

Thanks, I have the feeling I will, I'm just becoming impatient after just 2 days.
:werd:

it's a world of improvement from last years model. it's a sweet bike. just make sure you grab a fender eliminator. and don't cheap out on gear. there is no price too expensive to cover your dome.

don't let the dealership give you a "free" helmet. ask for a discount percentage and pick out your own helmet.

Fender Eliminator?

As far as gear, I don't cheap out on that shit. I raced BMX for a few years, and even moving 10 mph and wrecking on dirt hurts. I'm looking at a few helmets down there, both dot and snell approved. I'll also be wearing a jacket 99.99% of the time. I have a $1700 tattoo on my back, and in the case that I wreck, I'm trying as much as I can from being permanently scarred, especially over my tattoo.

Fender Eliminator?

As far as gear, I don't cheap out on that shit. I raced BMX for a few years, and even moving 10 mph and wrecking on dirt hurts. I'm looking at a few helmets down there, both dot and snell approved. I'll also be wearing a jacket 99.99% of the time. I have a $1700 tattoo on my back, and in the case that I wreck, I'm trying as much as I can from being permanently scarred, especially over my tattoo.
fender eliminator gets rid of the plastic monstrocity that holds the license plate. makes it look way better.

Tattoo??? protect your squash nicca...

I protect my squash, I'm not a squid. I just clarified that I'll also be wearing a jacket.

I looked up some fender eliminator's, and I think that'll be my first purchase, before an exhaust.
About exhaust though, does anyone know how difficult it is to install a jet kit?

Oh, and to your new avatar, drunk drivers FTL. That's how my sunfire was totaled. Never saw a penny either. Fucking prick bastards.

Jet kits arent that hard at all if you know what your doing, you need to know where they are in the carb and how to read spark plugs. For a first timer I would recommend taking it to the dealer or have someone who has done it before help you out.

That's what I was thinking. Last thing I need is destroying my new bike.

I protect my squash, I'm not a squid. I just clarified that I'll also be wearing a jacket.

I looked up some fender eliminator's, and I think that'll be my first purchase, before an exhaust.
About exhaust though, does anyone know how difficult it is to install a jet kit?

Oh, and to your new avatar, drunk drivers FTL. That's how my sunfire was totaled. Never saw a penny either. Fucking prick bastards.
i thought the '09 was fuel injected. you can't get it "jet'ed". also, dont' worry about mods. get some frame sliders and ride the hell out of it. don't add power mods yet. learn how to react to other drivers and get a good balance for a bike. you'll want to upgrade bikes before too long.

look at it this way. buying a jet kit and exhaust is like buying i/h/e for your honda before you turbo it. it's just a waste of money. plus, people want to buy a clean bike when you sell it. they will think second about it if it has a bunch of mods.

oh, and drunk drivers fucking suck. insurance can't track the bitch down so it's going to be a while.

'09? I got an '08, which is carbed, but that does make a good point.

Yeah, I actually didn't see a dime for mine. Since I had liability, his insurance basically told me that even though he was arrested shortly after and legally drunk, it can't be proven that it was his fault, even though it's illegal to drive drunk.

Prick bastards if you ask me.

'09? I got an '08, which is carbed, but that does make a good point.
my bad. i forgot the '09 doesn't come out for a little bit. i haven't read up too much on the '08. i still wouldn't modify it too much. you will just lose the money. if you plan on keeping it 3-4 years, then go right ahead.

sucks about the drunk driver. i wish there were stiffer penalties.

it's a beautiful bike. i had the plasma blue. i had to take of those teal flames though. god the new one is a world of improvement.

the main thing to learn is when to tell if someone doesn't see you. you will get to the point where it's like, "this fucker doesn't see me so i need to change lanes or slam the brakes".

also, get used to braking hard and sharp turns. get your license on a light 250. it's fun man. you'll love it.

DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR 250.

Kawi did a good job on the old ones and the new one they fixed every single problem that was wrong with the old ones and gave you a warranty. Its as good as its going to get, can upgrades hurt your power. .. leave it alone, trust me.

BTW, great purchase, you are going to be hated on, then someone will want to ride and realize what its like on it and laugh themselves silly.

Also, rear fender delete... STAT!

Right, that's what I planned on doing. A lot of people local asked why I even bothered with it since I learned on a 500, and I figured that I'd get a brand new 250, so that I know everything works, and know how it's been broken in and it's history, it's dirt cheap for insurance ($191/yr, through progressive,) and it'll give me a light bike that'll help me know how to manipulate it and work it in different scenarios. My buddy had an 06 and said it was the most forgiving bike he's ever had, and I figure that's what I need right now.

Now, I'm just anxious for it to arrive. My luck, it'll get here on the rainiest day this year.

EDIT: I read some Kawi reviews and whatknot, and apparently there's nothing on this one than on the last one. I was also thinking about how I'll be hated on, because I know I will, but then I figure 99% of them will be people without street bikes themselves, because people with bigger bikes had to start somewhere as well.

Rear fender delete priced: Fender Eliminators- Honda List $109.95

Last edited:
heres the thing about the 250r, nobody can tell by looking at it that it's only a 250. i had a ton of people ask me what size it was. if i wasn't 6'1" it could have passed for a 500 or even a 600.

the haters are the guys who go out and buy a brand new R1 for their first bike. fuck them. they dump a month into having a bike and never ride again.

as for it only being a 250, if you learn the throttle and gearing you will keep up with the older 600's. the technology is great with these little bikes. a 1994 vs an '08 250 is a fair race.

I was thinking about getting one of those new 250s but they're hard to find around here in southcentral PA. I see a few on craigslist every now and then. I was going to start with a 600 cuz everyone was telling me a 250 is just a waste of money. I decided I'm not going to be a pussy and jjust get a zx6r. Let us know how the 250 rides.

the ZX6R is very close to the 250. At least ride the two.

the 600s are a great ride. The gearing is short, and they do high rpms most of the time. With a 16,000 rpm redline, you won't run out until about 135-140 with it. But for everyday riding, it's fatiguing to do a high rpm all day long.

the 600 in first gear is perfect for leaving an intersection by yourself. get a passenger, and you'll damned near drop or stall when you take off with a passenger. The 250 just isn't for two people, so it's first gear performance is the same.

Putting the 08 250 against am 08 ZX6R will be about neck in neck until about 40. But both shifting at the same RPM, you'll be about the same until 80. You'll only pull away noticeably at about 100.

Of course, during this time you've smoked any 4 wheeler around that dared to entertain the notion of racing.

Back