Looking for 8-way Cable/RF splitter/amplifier

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
I need one of these. I would rather use a single box to split/amplify the signal to get the same signal to each room rather than splitting them off. I have a single line coming into the house, and jacks in every room. All the coax cables terminate at the same spot in the basement, but the main line isn't hooked to the lines from the rooms. I have already installed a single 2-way splitter to connect up what will be my computer room since the cable modem has to be on an unamplified line. The second output from the 2-way splitter will then become the input to the 8-way splitter/amplifier.

So I found a few online. Some are like 25 bucks and most are in the 100+ range. Would rather not spend that much. Does anything know anything about these? Like more than that they split the line. Most advertise a 3-4dB gain. But I really don't know what that means quantitatively. Obviously when you split a line you have some signal loss, but I don't want to have too much gain and damage equiptment or anything. Do you think anyone would have something like this in a local store? I checked best buy, but they only had some 4-way splitter/amplifiers. I'd really like to do this with a single box for ease and simplicity. Or is that too stubborn of me? Lol. Any suggestions? Anyone have to do this before?

found this and bought it. price was reasonable.
this one: EDA

cable.JPG

i have it setup like this. should work fine right? everything ive read and was told, this seems correct. and the best way to hook it up for low/no signal loss and to work well with the cable modem. i will have comcast HDTV and 22Mbps, and will be using a CableCARD tuner in the near future.

I thought the 5 way splitter I bought was a big splitter. I didn't know they made 8 way splitters even :lol:. Hope it works out for you.

Back