Looking for a bike

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I might have found a winner. Tell me. Yamaha YZF 600R I'll low ball once I get my check. :)

I'd rather have the SV650, buying a normal YZF is like buying a Mustang with a 6 cly.
Either buy the sport model or buy something else. same goes for the F4i, 2001-2003 rock 2004+ suck balls due to the banana seat, just like that YZF.

btw you have run insurance quotes right?

I kid you not, depending on where you're from and youre credit/record, an SV650 might cost 10-20-30-40- bucks a month to insure while a SS bike might cost you 100-200-300 a month.

Shit...

I'll just see what comes about when I get the money next week.

Come get mine in Buffalo NY.

Its a yellow/black 2000 honda cbr 929rr. Its fast...lol

Power commander 3
Lowered 2" off the ground
Nice exhaust. forgot brand but its an expensive one. costs $400 new.
13xxx miles
extended 6" :p new chain and rear sprocket.

Only thing, it needs a new back tire. DUNLOP 209gp's You can pick on up on ebay for like $200 bones.

5g's for it. comes with helmet and rear stand.
some minor scratches. small dent on tank. Never dropped.

A bit too much power for me.

I'll probably just wait till around christmas when people are going to be selling theirs cause of winter.

K. I've been looking at helmets, and I've decided that I'm ging with the Arai RX-7 Corsair. Anyone know if this is good?

My buddy has one swears by it, and its the best reviewed I can find. Kind of spendy, but my gear isn't something I'm going to skimp on.

have you tried it on yet? different brands fit people's heads differently..... I am between sizes in an Arai and AGV, but spot on in a suomy or shoei.... your best bet is to find a shop that has most of the major brands and go try them on and see what size you are in each and how they feel... then check out which graphics etc you want

Yeah, I've tried on icon, suomy, scorpion, shoei, kbc, hjc, and arai.

I liked the fit of the arai and icon the most, but the difference in quality was extraordinary. It's going to be a spendy purchase, but I think it will be worthy.

why dont you get the bike first, and worry about the helmet later. Just my .02

Whats the point of getting a pink helmet and end up buying an orange bike. :p

Oh I could care less if I match. I'm just going to shop ebay till I get one for cheap.

Who cares if they look cool? I can't see myself while I'm riding.

Oh I could care less if I match. I'm just going to shop ebay till I get one for cheap.

Who cares if they look cool? I can't see myself while I'm riding.

You sound desperate. I can tell is your first bike. WHy dont you chill a bit and do everything right from the start.

Check out newenough dot com <----didnt want to post a link, but you get the point.
they have a sweet deals on street riding gears.
I bought like 5 helmets, and a couple jackets from them.

Good Luck kIddO.:)

A bit too much power for me.

I'll probably just wait till around christmas when people are going to be selling theirs cause of winter.

Too much power? ditto on a R6 or CBR they'll get up to 100mph just as fast.
only plus to his bike is he has it lowered and stretched, so it should be faster then a normal 600 but wont handle worth shit. Really bad idea IMO for a starter unless you want a drag/straight line bike. Stretching a bike is like putting tiny tires up front of your RWD car.

As far as the helmet goes. don't buy a helmet based on what anyone says, that's friggin stupid. Every MODEL, not just brand, helmet fits different same goes for size. I have a SHOE-I RF900 in Med, however the other models fit me in Small.
they're formed different for longer/wider/shorter faces. so buy a helmet based 100% on fit.

I'd rather have a $100.00 dollar helmet that fit perfect then a $600.00 helmet that fit... good.... cheap dot/snell helmets should protect you about as good as the higher dollar helmets, the main difference is the feel, wind noise, cheapness and the big thing.... weight.

Again DO NOT buy a helmet off the Internet.unless you know 100% for sure that it fits YOU

Also keep in mind every year when models change the sizes also tend to change a bit, I've noticed this with jackets and pants, BIG TIME with jackets. I tried on a MED size 2004 joe rocket winter jacket, it was too big by a long shot, so I special ordered (from local store) a small size, I was told the sizing would fit me right.
They were out of the 2004s and could only get a 2005. sure enough when the 2005 small came in it was like 3 sizes too small, so small in fact I couldnt even zip it up without major issues. sure enough the 2005 Med fit me just right.
They still had a 2004 med left over, on the racks, I picked it up, sure enough both were the same model, same size but the 2005 M was much smaller then the 2004M....

Long story short, DO NOT buy shit gear wise unless you know 100% for sure that it fits you right, lose fitting gear is almost (not as) but almost as bad as not wearing any gear. I've heard some pretty nasty stories of jackets twisting around people when they hit the pavement, nothing like having to cut a jacket off to get it off.

^^^^ right on.:thumbsup:

only plus to his bike is he has it lowered and stretched, so it should be faster then a normal 600 but wont handle worth shit.

Youre right. Its a lot harder now to take turns, and its not as smooth as before, but in a straight line, the thing is a rocket.

I dunno,. I think it all comes down to, how hard you hit that throttle.

Yep. My R6 would rock it easily with my friend's RC51, as well as hang with my friend's R1 (at least until the long straights :) ). Do NOT underestimate the newer 600s, even the new SVs have a bit of punch to them.

Long story short, DO NOT buy shit gear wise unless you know 100% for sure that it fits you right, lose fitting gear is almost (not as) but almost as bad as not wearing any gear. I've heard some pretty nasty stories of jackets twisting around people when they hit the pavement, nothing like having to cut a jacket off to get it off.
Just a quick note... If you go down, the EMTs/Fireman/Paramedics WILL cut your gear off to make sure your body is okay. It's pretty much a given that you'll need new gear after going down. So get stuff that fits well, and has a proven track record for keeping people safe.

another note.... if your wearing full gear and you dont hit anything serious they shouldnt have to cut anything off of you because all of your skin and such will be intact!!!!

Yep. My R6 would rock it easily with my friend's RC51, as well as hang with my friend's R1 (at least until the long straights :) ). Do NOT underestimate the newer 600s, even the new SVs have a bit of punch to them.

Just a quick note... If you go down, the EMTs/Fireman/Paramedics WILL cut your gear off to make sure your body is okay. It's pretty much a given that you'll need new gear after going down. So get stuff that fits well, and has a proven track record for keeping people safe.

No doubt they have to cut it off, they cut if off for easy access, not becuase they HAVE TO since its twisted around your body causing other issues else where.

gear that fits right is a must.

another note.... if your wearing full gear and you dont hit anything serious they shouldnt have to cut anything off of you because all of your skin and such will be intact!!!!
I was referring to a real crash. I fractured my collarbone, but they insisted on cutting off my pants. It is just a heads up. I heard lots of stories about guys getting their full sidi leathers cut off. If you walk away without need for a paramedic, you obviously didn't crash that bad, and nothing is getting cut off. lol.

those guys love to just cut the stuff off... when i broke my leg in wrestling back in the day they wanted to cut of my brand new $150 shoe's i just bought a day before but i said helll no, just be careful and unlace the damn thing lol

i gotta 96 suzuki rf600r, fully built head, full yosh exhuast, new tires, new speed screen, rides great, few scratches, bike has really good power it pulls really good but you have to kinda fight it to come up which i really like i mean u pop the clutch right itll jump but you hit the gears right and nail the throttle it wont it just takes off, stage 2 jet kit, i dont wanna sell it but i really cant afford to keep all my toys, the rf is considered to be a half breed of sport bikes too so its one of the cheapest on insurance... im asking 3500, well worth it value of bike plus work in it well over 6000

I'm in Washington man. I'm not about to go cross country man, sorry.

But I found an 03 SV650S. Full Fairing Kit. Seat Cowl. Exhaust. Rust orange.TRS Exhaust. 1300 Miles. $4500. wooot. I just hope I can get it before the rain comes and can drive it back. 120 mile trip.

I already bought a timax2 icon jacket. ehe.

Back