Looking for a new boost controller

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
I'm in the market for a new boost controller. I'm leaning towards either the Apexi Avc-r or some form of a Greddy Profec. The car is my Sr20det 240sx. Looking of boosting around 18psi. Yes, it can handle it. It was built very well. What do you guys (and girls) think about boost controllers?

I have the Profec E-01 in my Matrix, mainly because of the Emanage and the ability to tune it with the E-01. I don't know if the other boost controllers can do this, but the Emanage can set RPM Boost fall-off points. It will increase the boost to maintain a solid boost to redline, good for cars with a smaller turbo that runs out. Plus, you gotta love that 4 or 5" monitor :)

My one friend has the Profec B Spec2 and he's happy with it so far. Another friend is using the AVC-R and I got a chance to help him set it up. It works well, like any other Apex'I product I've used.

it's main tuning companion will be an saf-c 2. i'm not going all out on the electronics for this thing. kinda meat and potatos setup

If I remember right, the AVC-R is around 500. You can get the Profec Spec2 for 325shipped. Dont quote me on the prices :laugh:

If you're just after something cheap that works well, then the Profec will do the trick.

I used the MBC from TurboXS on my Matrix at first, now its being used on my Accord. It works fine. You need to follow the instructions for the initial setup to get it working smoothly.

spikes are caused by wastegates, not boost controllers. the WG. needs to react fast enough. i've never had issues with the mbc when they are hooked up to tial gates

Quoted post[/post]]
spikes are caused by wastegates, not boost controllers. the WG. needs to react fast enough. i've never had issues with the mbc when they are hooked up to tial gates

Yeah, but the internal T25 wastegate spikes like crazy.

Ive got the Profec B spec II from Greddy w/the scramble boost controller (wheel remote).

Once you get it running right its a lot of fun.

Keep in mind that if you wanna boost your T25 over 11ishlbs consistantly you will need to invest in the HKS t25 actuator kit - it will let u boost to around 1bar.

I was able to get my T25 on my Matrix to hold 12psi to redline. I tried a few 12psi runs on the highway, fun fun fun :cool:

Back