Looking for a room mate

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

awptickes

unimpressed by you
VIP
So, I have a room in my house I'm probably going to rent out again.

Any ideas on how to list it? CL is full of whack-jobs, and I really don't want someone immature or under 21.

I use Craigslist. I live near a university so its easy to get 575/room. We're at 100% for having awesome roommates. Never had a bad apple as of yet. Though, we turn down a ton of people before we choose. Be critical. Make a list of must haves and follow it.

Room for rent in 1800sqft house

How's that?

Last edited:
Roommates suck, only room mate I'm willing to have is one that I'm fucking.

So get a chick as a roommate then eventually fuck her to knock of a few bucks from the rent till you either kick her out or make a run of it....

So get a chick as a roommate then eventually fuck her to knock of a few bucks from the rent till you either kick her out or make a run of it....

Yeah, not going to happen.

I actually found someone who seems promising already via the craigslist. Decent human from the emails back and forth. Student and a paralegal. Who knows, he might eat babies for every meal.

or he'll complain to his lawyer buddies about how much of an obsessive gun toting dick you are, and they will convince him to sue you.

or he may just try to suck your dick while you are sleeping.

doubt he eats babies though, would be a hard diet to procure.

I would consider a higher security deposit, up to the legal limit for your area. I paint apartments and have seen some damage in units and these are higher end units.
I would also consider running credit checks, could help weed out some people.
With CL a neighbor at my condo uses it to find roommates. He had 1 guy last for a while, he was odd but overall decent. The last 2 have lasted less than 2 months each.

you should include that you are within walking distance to a park

you could also include that there are not fences on the highway overpass in your area

you should include that you are within walking distance to a park

you could also include that there are not fences on the highway overpass in your area

That's not a park, it's a cemetery -- I know it looks like a park in sat-imagery.

No fences on highway overpasses is standard in MD.

You should have GSRCRXSi move in with you. You guys could stroke each others barrels all day long. ;)

Back