Looking for a room mate

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You should have GSRCRXSi move in with you. You guys could stroke each others barrels all day long. ;)

He's moving in with some girl.

He won't have a barrel for long, lol.

That's not a park, it's a cemetery -- I know it looks like a park in sat-imagery.

No fences on highway overpasses is standard in MD.
lmfao, i was wondering why it looked like a whole bunch of white things on a grid
makes much more sense now

Background check on choice #1 came back good.

Waiting on background check on #2. I don't know about her though.

When you say "Background check" do you mean looking her up on Guess Her Muff or whatever that shit was a few threads back ?

Credit checks ? Wow. You would turn me down instantly. I think running my credit check is the only way to make the Men in Black show up at your door.

My credit is SHOT. Read up on Strawman theory. my Strawman is like Bitch Stewie.

Credit ruins a lot of otherwise good people. Besides, I think everyone would want to own their own house or place, and if you're renting (Or roomming) with someone, your credit usually isn't good enough to own your own house.

My ex had perfect credit (high 800s). She made $10 an hour and had a new car, new toys, and credit cards. She would buy a car, then her dad would reward her by paying it off early. Same with everything else. I mean, that's the love of a father - to take care of his daughter like that. I have no problem with that. But her credit didn't reflect that.

My credit doesn't reflect the fact that I will commonly hold off a utility bill to buy my mother food (She has no money) or give money to someone to do what they may need to do. It doesn't reflect me. It doesn't reflect her. My credit doesn't reflect that I wake up every day and look for new work (As a business owner, I don't have a set list of tasks, I have to find out ways for my workweek to work). And it does say I'm late (Or default) with things, but doesn't mention what I go through to pay $3500 a month in bills, and still take care of my mother, a wife, and my other friends and family.

All without any specific pay coming in (I can't count on any dollar amount to be sent to me in a check. I get paid exactly for what I work, sometimes 90 days after I actually perform the work)

My credit puts me down near Leroy the crackhead.

i believe that most landlords only really care if you have any debts to previous landlords, or utility places. i dont know any property owner that only rents to people with perfect credit.

main check points would be:
are you already in debt to another property owner and bailed without paying?
are you going to be able to have the utilities on or have you already bailed on them too?

Sorta like how I have absolutely no credit. At this point it would be hard for me to get a credit card. I have no existing credit. My Dad loaned me the money to buy my Civic when I was 17 and I made payments to him. He loaned me the money to buy my SV as well and I am making payments to him for that now.

I pay rent every month to him too. My GF pays our cell phone bill and I pay her for it. She's the one with the CC.

I work 40+ hours a week and always have a steady source of income and always have a good amount in my savings/checking. Yet when I apply for a CC I get instantly turned down since I don't have any existing credit. Kinda stupid the way things are done.

Just opened a 401k with my employer. Newb question, will this affect my credit score in a positive way? Or is it completely unrelated to a credit score?

Oh, and I'm at school. I had Thai food yesterday, just farted. Pretty sure the guy next to me has to be pretty disgusted.

Thanks, I'm sure a quick google would have netted me the same answer.

Credit isn't there to help you. The sooner we realise this, and stop being tricked by it, the happier we'll all be.

Credit reports only report the bad. If you get a credit line (Say, some stupid credit card) all it shows is that you have one on your credit. If you're late, or default, then it shows details. Nothing on your credit report says that you are good at paying bills - it only says if you're bad at it.

And you know, lots of shit can happen. You can lose your job suddenly, or get into some un-insured injury and lose some money. You could be robbed. Anything can happen that can seperate you from your money. This is what happened to me and the house - half of my income took off with a 25 year old hair-farmer. I didn't see that coming.

And now my credit is fucked. Also, I'm 20 payments behind on my house. And getting caught up simply isn't possible.

I work 40+ hours a week and always have a steady source of income and always have a good amount in my savings/checking. Yet when I apply for a CC I get instantly turned down since I don't have any existing credit. Kinda stupid the way things are done.

Where are you applying for credit cards from? Have you tried your bank or credit union? That's where I got my first credit card. Not a high limit of course, it was only $500 or so, but it did help me start establishing credit...

Yeah, not going to happen.

I actually found someone who seems promising already via the craigslist. Decent human from the emails back and forth. Student and a paralegal. Who knows, he might eat babies for every meal.

As long as they are quiet and pay their bills they can chomp all the babies they want.

Back