Looking for a room mate

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I work 40+ hours a week and always have a steady source of income and always have a good amount in my savings/checking. Yet when I apply for a CC I get instantly turned down since I don't have any existing credit. Kinda stupid the way things are done.

That's funny, my credit score is possibly the lowest in the country and just got a loan, lol.

Sorta like how I have absolutely no credit. At this point it would be hard for me to get a credit card. I have no existing credit. My Dad loaned me the money to buy my Civic when I was 17 and I made payments to him. He loaned me the money to buy my SV as well and I am making payments to him for that now.

I pay rent every month to him too. My GF pays our cell phone bill and I pay her for it. She's the one with the CC.

I work 40+ hours a week and always have a steady source of income and always have a good amount in my savings/checking. Yet when I apply for a CC I get instantly turned down since I don't have any existing credit. Kinda stupid the way things are done.

Just opened a 401k with my employer. Newb question, will this affect my credit score in a positive way? Or is it completely unrelated to a credit score?

Oh, and I'm at school. I had Thai food yesterday, just farted. Pretty sure the guy next to me has to be pretty disgusted.

Want to build credit quick and easy? Go to your bank/CU and get a small personal loan 500-1000 that has no penality for paying it back early. Make payments on it for 4-6 months then pay it in full. Congrats you now have the start of a credit history. Next ask the bank/CU for a small limit CC that you use to make a small purchase here or there and ALWAYS pay it in full each month. It starts to snowball. Who pays the utilities on your residence? Get your name on that too if you can. What about a gas card or a local store CC. The key is to pay it off monthly and only use it when you have the money in hand to pay it off instantly.

I don't care about credit score, I just want to know if they've defaulted on anything, or if they're in for collection.

I don't use it as a single number to gauge how they are as a person, it's just an indicator of their past.

Credit isn't there to help you. The sooner we realise this, and stop being tricked by it, the happier we'll all be.

Credit reports only report the bad. If you get a credit line (Say, some stupid credit card) all it shows is that you have one on your credit. If you're late, or default, then it shows details. Nothing on your credit report says that you are good at paying bills - it only says if you're bad at it.

And you know, lots of shit can happen. You can lose your job suddenly, or get into some un-insured injury and lose some money. You could be robbed. Anything can happen that can seperate you from your money. This is what happened to me and the house - half of my income took off with a 25 year old hair-farmer. I didn't see that coming.

And now my credit is fucked. Also, I'm 20 payments behind on my house. And getting caught up simply isn't possible.

I think this is very dangerous and misleading info. Credit, in fact, is everything and credit reports show good info, not just bad. It shows history of consistant payments. Not sure what reports you are looking at but there are reports you can get that show "good" history.

i use CreditKarma.com to monitor my credit

But Good luck getting by with 0 or bad credit to start out your life. You won't get a home loan, you won't get a car loan, people won't even rent to you, you'll get passed on a job, you won't even be able to get a cell phone etc...if you happen to get a loan you will pay rediculous interest rates and you may be required to put down rediculous deposits/downpayments.

And don't(anyone) give shit about paying everything in cash because it's not realistic, it's ideal, but not realistic. And paying cash doesn't help you in the long run with credit, which yes, you do need.

My credit got fucked too(of course it's my own fault regardless of what happened) but i have worked my way up from a 520 to a 672 in 2 years and climbing. I've paid off almost 25k in debt. By the end of this year i expect to be back in the 700's.

Awptickes is right thoough, score is not everything...

i never missed a mortgage payment, condo fee payment, car payment, utility payment or any other payment other then a credit card payment(tried debt settlement, DON'T DO IT). You can see this on a credit report. Shit does happen and most people don't want to be in those situations and are looking for ways to make things right. Doesn't mean they will make bad renters.

Shit my dad loaned his best friend over 100K with a promise of repayment from some law suites his friend had pending. Short story is they never paid my dad back and he had to file for bankruptcy. My dad had 5-6 Credit cards with 50k limits and almost perfect credit score before that. 5 years after that he couldn't even open up home depot card, i had to do it for him.

Here is an example of what you can view, again this is strickly from Creditkarma.

3213.jpg

An F for those two figures ? Oh man.. I'm tempted to give you my info to run one on me. I don't think I would mind it posted.

Back