looking for b series engins/trans

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NYprelude

cool member
im looking for a b-series engine w/ 5speed transmission to drop in my 89 prelude which currently has a b20a3 (no balls). I have a low budget but im willing to negotiate.:puke:

I have a b18b1 that is rebuilt, with short geared b16 tranny with LS 5th in it. whole swap minus axles, mounts, linkage, starter.

:ph34r:
I dont think that b18 will fit in the prelude.

You basically need another b20a3 block.
that was the bastard of the b series and any other on other than one that came in the preludes is not a direct bolt in.

isnt that ironic kitchens, wasnt i supost to recieve a hydro y21 b16 trany and act 6 puck about 3 months ago.. and u scamed me and took 700 from a 17 year old?? and its a felony becouse u live in georgia and i live n maryland so w/e bro theres ppl trying to find ur ass right now...

:ph34r:

Last edited:
my problem..

My problem is the b20a3 just doesnt have the balls im used to. I had an sti but had to get rid of a car so I figured Id keep the lude bcause I liked the handling. The engine runs fine but I just need more torque. I have tools etc for doing a swap and I could probly source some mounts (hasport?) for the swap.

if iwas going to do a swap for a lude, i'd do a h22 swap if there isnt one in the bay already, ifs it a 92-95 lude its most likly a h23, go h2b maybe .. its hella fast :) too bad mine isnt.. idont have a damn transmison and clutch :/

3 real choices
Turbo - no clue how it fairs
Supercharge - no clue on how it fairs
Swap - something like an H22 or an F series which i hear hold well to turbo
well actually 4
Build the current motor - no how this one fairs either, but it probably will be one of the more expensive routes

Never messed with this chassi or engine.
H22's arent bad but i know the prelude weights a bit more than what im used to
And a Vtec head will not bolt on to this block either

yeah i'd say H2B ftw.
too bad mines not complete though and im being lazy

um

I am thinking about going with a b20 vtec crv block if I can find mountings. I would like to keep it NA and the b20a has nothing. Would it work if I got a b20vtec, a b18 trans, and hasport mounts/ecu? btw its an 89 prelude 2.0s

well b20 vtec means buying a gsr or b16 head and geting a vtec ecu p72 or p28 works and then u needto get tec wired up and buy new headgasket replace the timing belt ect. and get all that when u can get a complete h22 swap for under 3k then later on go h2b . i wont lie h2b isnt cheap jsut hteh2b kit itself is a grand and mine didnt come w/ mounts becouse i have a ej/ek chasis and they havnt devoloped that yet and b series tranys arnt cheap.. or easy to comeby, i can speak for that

just be sure the mounts will work for your application.
Its kinda like putting an LS block in as well (b18a1/B18B1) or better yet a (B18C).
Just make sure I don't know of any standard B series swaps into those chassi.

You can call hasport direct to see if they make mounts for that, if they do it should be ok.
Most people I hear from hasport reps are helpful.
Just make sure they know its a B series from the Civic/Integra chassi thats going into your prelude.
This is the motor ur looking to swap in
Honda B engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is the B series that ur looking at
Honda B20A engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope this helps^_^
But i would recommend an H swap over this anyday

Last edited:
The H is a beautiful engine , but then every engine with the HONDA name is beautiful. Let me do some research into mounts etc. Thanks so much for your time everybody. -peace

Back