Looking For Correct Exhaust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EdrikLongtail

Hello
Im trying to find out what exhaust to pick. I wish to be turbo version because later down the road i wish add a turbo. But i don't want some buzzing crap and i also don't want some loud rumble that sets off alarms. I just want to exhaust system do what its ment to do (let the exhaust gasses flow much more then the regular stock exhausts) Ive heard greedy and some unversinals and im not really buying the hole Buzz rubmle everything in a mile type deal. Dose anyone know a 2.5 or 3" exhaust system that dose sound good but dose not give that "buzz o rumble deal". If anyone could help me it would be a great help to plan what i wish to do

what ever you get, buy a straight through resonator. These things do not block the flow of exhaust like glass pack ones do and also they do not deterioate like glass pack. How they work is the phyics prencible if two sound waves hit a certian way, they both cancel out. Phyics is good. Magnaflow makes one along.

so you want a high flow exhaust thats damn near silent?????
dunno what to tell ya

Originally posted by asmallsol@May 21 2003, 09:46 PM
what ever you get, buy a straight through resonator. These things do not block the flow of exhaust like glass pack ones do and also they do not deterioate like glass pack. How they work is the phyics prencible if two sound waves hit a certian way, they both cancel out. Phyics is good. Magnaflow makes one along.

You mean “physics principle,” right? ;)

The Greddy Evo and sp sound great. A buddy had sp on 97 prelude….sweet (not too loud, smooth deep tone, no buzz.) HKS and Tanabe both make great products. There are plenty more out there, but these are the only ones that I have personally heard. IMO the cheap weld on mufflers suck sound wise. Only good ones that I have heard were the dual DTM style ( dual chamber)

Hope that helps man! :D

-the Greddy EVO is pretty loud.
-the Greddy SP is not as loud but doesn't perform as well as an EVO
-HKS Turbo muffler is loud as hell
-IMO the Tanabe Racing Medallion outperforms them all and sounds the best but it's pretty loud if you don't have the silencer in. if you install the silencer, say goodbye to performance.

if you have the cash get the Mugen paper-clip exhaust. It performs pretty well and it's only a little bit louder than stock. I knew a guy who had it on his ITR and you could barely hear it.

I don't want a silent Free flowing exhaust and i don't want some louad thing thats unessary i was thinking of doing a 2.5 or 3" exhaust system and paint it to last a few more years.. I just Don't want some rice buzzing or some loud rumble thats un called for (if that makes sense?) I can see it making that noise if making around 450+ HP but no point if ur only making 200.. :blink:

dude honestly your not gonna know what any exhaust is gonna sound like until you put it on your car..cuz ive seen one exhaust on a car..and then the same exhaust on another car and it sound totally different..every car/exhaust/mods combo is gonna make that shit sound different...i know they make silencers with some exhaust..but i never met anyone who ever used them..

This is easy to solve, run and open header.....problem solved, oppss..this will give a loud ass rumble.

Only thing i can say is get a resonator and get a larger muffler, usually larger mufflers tend to be more quit, but that resonator is going to be key.

Milan

well you know what, go suck a camels toe cuz everything we're suggesting you keep saying no to. it seems to me you already have your mind made up. do whatever you want cuz i think it's pointless for us to suggest any more stuff to you.

Tanabe is too fucking loud without the silencer. with the silencer in, it sounds high pitched and ricey. Get the Greddy EVO, it's better than the Tanabe sound-wise. sounds like you only car about sound. If that is the car, get the RS*R, it's near stock sound.

Back