Looking for dyno sheets

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
I want to see the most power made on stock internals. Everything else can be aftermarket, but it has to be on stock pistons, rods, cams, etc. This is for a discussion with a VW fanatic.

If anyone has Dyno sheets of the most power made on a stock SR20DET bottom end those would be helpful as well.

That's pretty good, but he is trying to claim that the 1.8T is the best motor to start tuning for boost so NA doesn't really apply.

i've seen 430 whp gsr's stock....
i'e seen 400 whp off of sr20's, as that is what they are "said" to hold and be at the limit of the stock stuff.

secret services in tampa has the sr20... there's a bunch of gsr's with that power.

it all comes down to tuning.

That is what I am saying, but there is no talking to VW fans. :p
sign_wasntme.gif

Do you happen to have any of those dynos for the GSRs?

A guy i know up here in Colo..... pulled off 285hp on 7.5psi on his C5 (stock internals)....

And also a guy that put down 328 hp 3xx tq with 17psi on the nonvtec motor (c3?)not sure about internals :(

Chris

Thanks for your help guys, the VW fan is pulling the standard "I don't know what I am talking about" tactic and trying to tell me that because VW built it (they didn't, Audi did) the 1.8T is the best starting point for building for boost. :roll: What can you expect, he likes the new Beetle. :D :p

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jul 9 2003, 09:55 AM
What can you expect, he likes the new Beetle. :D :p

Are you serious? How many times has he taken it in the pooper?

But that is not a "fair" comparison for a 1.8l 4 cylinder. :)

I dunno, I went up against one from about 30mph to around 70mph with my old F22B1 and a few bolt-ons, and I very slowly pulled away from him. Maybe you're right, the drag coefficient is realy bad, plus I know they're really heavy, but it's still kinda sad that my n/a "family car" engine kept up.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jul 9 2003, 01:52 PM
I dunno, I went up against one from about 30mph to around 70mph with my old F22B1 and a few bolt-ons, and I very slowly pulled away from him. Maybe you're right, the drag coefficient is realy bad, plus I know they're really heavy, but it's still kinda sad that my n/a "family car" engine kept up.

did you go against the 1.8T or the n/a model? My ex-gf looked at a new fully loaded turboed beetle, and i think it weighed a good 3K lbs for the covert model.

Nope, it was a 1.8T model. Had the Beetle Carrying-Case wing and said "Turbo" on the back. Maybe it was an auto....whatever it was, it was slow.

Back