Looking For Humor In The Muslim World

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Matt Stone ? Satire ? No way man, he's a documentarist !

Iranian Paper Plans Holocaust Cartoons

TEHRAN, Iran - A prominent Iranian newspaper said Tuesday it would hold a competition for cartoons on the Holocaust to test whether the West extends the principle of freedom of expression to the Nazi genocide as it did to the caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad.

bahahahaha

oooohhhh noooooos its a cartoon war...

Oh snap, the Muslims have done it now.....

Rueters AP;

Februrary 10, 2006 - After the latest barrage of Holocaust cartoons, Israel has since launched an all-out nuclear strike against Iran.

capt.sge.hwa80.060206212001.photo00.photo.default-278x373.jpg

A young Iraqi girl arrives with her mother to part in the Ashura ceremoney in Karbala

this is precious. See that in her hand ? Now go and wikipedia Ashura. Look at the picture again.

More:

capt.sge.hvx83.060206205857.photo00.photo.default-378x274.jpg

5146048_be5fb9b420.jpg

ashoura-01.jpg

capt.sge.hvx32.060206205504.photo00.photo.default-389x272.jpg

capt.sge.inc89.080206160459.photo02.photo.default-384x255.jpg

r4230754644.jpg

bei04d_full.jpg

Ashura (10 Muharram)
Ashura has been a day of fasting for Sunni Muslims since the days of the early Muslim community. It marks two historical events: the day Nuh (Noah) left the Ark, and the day that Musa (Moses) was saved from the Egyptians by Allah.
Shi'a Muslims in particular use the day to commemorate the martyrdom of Hussein, a grandson of the Prophet (pbuh) in 680 CE.
In Shi'ite communities this is a solemn day: plays re-enacting the martyrdom are often staged and many take part in mourning rituals.
Every year in London Shi'a Muslims gather for a mourning procession and speeches at Marble Arch. The procession attracts up to 3000 men, women and children from many different ethinic backgrounds

its a sort of holiday/ritual to muslims

And Flagellation.

that means they whip themselves and others. Not hard, more symbolically. Some of the devout Shi'i will actually draw blood. Also, a cut is made on the forehead as a right as passage for males. Females don't cut themselves.

I thought the first picture was great because it's this really cute little girl holding the whip to be used, even if symbolically, on her.

Most Shi'i and others just beat their chests to represent the flogging.

didnt steve colbert make fun of them last night? i think he ripped on them for the cartoon stuff too.

Quoted post[/post]]
Wow, what a peaceful religion.

Buddhism and similar forms of spiritualism (Eastern Religions mainly) are the only true "peaceful" religions.

Western and Middle Eastern religions are violent at their roots, but only Middle Eastern religions are violent straight through.

At least western religions (christianity) tries to hide it somewhat.

seeing that they have some much hate makes me hate them. id flood them too.

this is another reason i feel religion is pointless and used as a form of control.

At least western religions (christianity) tries to hide it somewhat
no they dont try to hide they try and justify it. they try and make the bad not good but ok tolerable. its funny me saying that cuz my sis says only potheads have to justify what they think. hhmmm

Justification IMO is a form of seclusion.

Christianity has trained most of America into thinking that slaughter in the name of God is 'righteous' while slaughter in the name of Allah is disgusting and evil.

Hiding murder behind a veil of morality is still pulling the wool over peoples' eyes.

And it's not just us - both 'sides' do it. Muslims honor those that slaughter the western infidels, Christians honor those that slaughter the Muslim Horde. After all, they can't possibly be converted, so the next logical step is extermination.

EDIT: Wow, I must be playing the role of Celerity today. :ph34r:

Celerity is pretty biased.

It was the old world of Christian murder. That really doesn't happen now. Christians are just spooky and annoying - like Jehovahs Witnesses.

This is now, this is today. These are Muslims. Muslims are fucking crazy, blood thirsty and completely without virtue.

Yes, all religions had a bloody period I won't deny that. But we weren't aroundn to see it, it wound up stopping at some point, and whats done is done.

Muslims have been this way since day one, will continue to be this way, and must be wiped out. There, I said it - Wiped out.

The Christian Slayings and the Muslim Slayings are different in this way: They were in the past, and to this day haven't come back. Don't say that the wars fought in the middle east have been Christian on Muslim either - They are US forces against extreme Muslims. You can't say our troops are christian outside of the usual daily ratio of christians in the US that happen to deploy.

We don't EVER kill in the name of god now - And if there are isolated cases of this they are committed by nutcases.

Muslims are non-progressive, hateful little shits that give nothing to the world, only take. They gamble and deal to make money to buy products and that's it.

That's Celerity's stand. Are you in good hands ?

Quoted post[/post]]
Celerity is pretty biased.

It was the old world of Christian murder. That really doesn't happen now. Christians are just spooky and annoying - like Jehovahs Witnesses.

This is now, this is today. These are Muslims. Muslims are fucking crazy, blood thirsty and completely without virtue.

Yes, all religions had a bloody period I won't deny that. But we weren't aroundn to see it, it wound up stopping at some point, and whats done is done.

Muslims have been this way since day one, will continue to be this way, and must be wiped out. There, I said it - Wiped out.

The Christian Slayings and the Muslim Slayings are different in this way: They were in the past, and to this day haven't come back. Don't say that the wars fought in the middle east have been Christian on Muslim either - They are US forces against extreme Muslims. You can't say our troops are christian outside of the usual daily ratio of christians in the US that happen to deploy.

We don't EVER kill in the name of god now - And if there are isolated cases of this they are committed by nutcases.

Muslims are non-progressive, hateful little shits that give nothing to the world, only take. They gamble and deal to make money to buy products and that's it.

That's Celerity's stand. Are you in good hands ?

Amen.

The same as my view of democrats. Ill-read, nonsensical and full of hate. Every Muslim I know, even my friends, just whine to me about how shitty america is. They use the phrase "fuck bush" like a comma, and everyone that I've met beats their girlfriend / wife. They are nasty and can't be reasoned with and then to top it all off they feel somehow obligated to try to bring their culture here.

But when I look at that diatribe, I realise that there are many nationals that are like that too. Then going above and beyond I realise that the whole human condition in it's entirety is fucking ridiculous, and the very worst thing for a person to be around- is another person. There is no love, and there is no respect among people. It's exceptions are too rare and far between to make a dent on the overall pissiness of people. The root of the cause here is not religion, it's population.

The more and more and more of us there are, the less and less value we have of ourselves and each other. We're all part of it. When you talk down about women, when I talk down about liberals, and children, and haitians, and albanians...and...

It's all around us. It'll brew to a head, very soon, when we realise that we aren't alone in the universe and that we are about to embark on space exploration. Space exploration is the thick, deep line in the sand - a modern day "Out of Africa" scenario where we either decide to fucking destroy the galaxy or we all, as one, decide to put our best foot forward and grow the fuck up. And I don't see that happening when millions of people are being oppressed from basic human rights, billions more women are beaten and mentally crippled, and Islam, Haiti, parts of Tobago, South Africa, Niger and all of Sudan and Libya exist. I don't see us coming any closer when we are all fucking hunched over junkies to these arab motherfuckers and the oil tycoons that keep us tied to their shit. And it definately won't happen if leave these countries alone to do as they will with nuclear threats, terrorist threats and this seething hatred for those with more status.

Back