Looking for information on Linux clusters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
I don't want a sales pitch or anything about why linux is teh l337 OS. Only the facts. If you know something or know of a site that has some good info for people that have never messed with clusters before hook me up. This is for my parallel programming course, I am interested in setting up a cluster at home for homework (obviously not a big one, just a few machines).

Ack, I know there's a purpose-made distribution for clustering... Install the OS on the machines, network them, and they automatically find themselves, load-balance, everything is done for you.... I saw it on slashdot a few months ago, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called,

That would be sweet, thanks for the tip. If you find it post it up, I will hit slashdot and have a look as well.

B- if you really want to know what clusters are doa search for beowulf and read the initial white papers.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jan 21 2004, 12:46 PM
B- if you really want to know what clusters are doa search for beowulf and read the initial white papers.

:pulls head out of ass:

what was i thinking...

Back