Looking for more power but not insane

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RogueRed

Looking to put more power in my civic but I don't wanna turbo and it's only a d16y8 has header most of the engine is stock it is my daily

Looking to put more power in my civic but I don't wanna turbo and it's only a d16y8 has header most of the engine is stock it is my daily

So no turbo, but are you open to an engine swap? If so, I would look at the B18C Integra GS-R engine or a K-series swap (newer Civic Si or RSX Type-S). Both of those engines will give you a nice power boost and both have lots of aftermarket parts available to build with. The K-series engines specifically respond well to bolt-on parts and tuning, so if no turbo is your thing, that might be a good option.

If swapping is out of the question as well, then you're basically looking at more bolt-ons (intake, exhaust, exhaust manifold, etc.). Add cams and a tune and you'll find some extra power, but don't expect much from that engine without forced induction.

Back