1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for some Advice or Help in Socal Race Car wont run right

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by Blueroad, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Blueroad

Blueroad New Member

Hey fellas. I am new here. I have a very old Honda engine but Not sure whats going on with it. Is there someone in the OC that has time to help me? I live in Tustin and Need some advice. The car idles and revs but under a load it craps out. Not sure if its timing or carb. Still all of the smog stuff is attached. I believe its an EK engine 1980 Honda Accord. This is a unique situation because the engine and trans is sitting in a One Off custom Race car and I cant just take it down to some shop for fear of getting ripped off. Thanks for any help or advice. JJ 949-910-1206 I will post in a few other sections and see if I can find that one guy that knows his way around the vintage stuff...:D

I am secretly thinking of finding a Dual Intake for it and go Dual DCNF40s:rolleyes:

2. 78civic

78civic Junior Member

PM me.. I'll try and remember what I used to do to mine.

E

3. 78civic

78civic Junior Member

Your vacuum can on the dizzy is probably shot (sucking air) Get on Ebay and look for another from a EM or EK ending at '81
    IT IS A ELECTRONIC ONE RIGHT?

E

4. Blueroad

Blueroad New Member

I believe it has electronic ignition. Yes and I am sorry for going away for so long. I still need to get this figured out. The obvious challenges are that most folks dont know how to work on this old school stuff... Maybe I will take some pics and update later. thanks.JJ

5. 78civic

78civic Junior Member

PM me your # and I'll give you a call.
    I'm C.S.T zone..

E

6. Blueroad

Blueroad New Member

949-910-1206 the pm wasnt workin... call me anytime over the weekend if you have some time.. Thanks. JJ

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted