Looking for some Advice or Help in Socal Race Car wont run right

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Blueroad

Hey fellas. I am new here. I have a very old Honda engine but Not sure whats going on with it. Is there someone in the OC that has time to help me? I live in Tustin and Need some advice. The car idles and revs but under a load it craps out. Not sure if its timing or carb. Still all of the smog stuff is attached. I believe its an EK engine 1980 Honda Accord. This is a unique situation because the engine and trans is sitting in a One Off custom Race car and I cant just take it down to some shop for fear of getting ripped off. Thanks for any help or advice. JJ 949-910-1206 I will post in a few other sections and see if I can find that one guy that knows his way around the vintage stuff...:D

I am secretly thinking of finding a Dual Intake for it and go Dual DCNF40s:rolleyes:

Your vacuum can on the dizzy is probably shot (sucking air) Get on Ebay and look for another from a EM or EK ending at '81
IT IS A ELECTRONIC ONE RIGHT?

E

I believe it has electronic ignition. Yes and I am sorry for going away for so long. I still need to get this figured out. The obvious challenges are that most folks dont know how to work on this old school stuff... Maybe I will take some pics and update later. thanks.JJ

Back